About the role – Junior Technical Assurance Analyst
Solution Assurance provide expertise to enable national programmes and health and social care organisations to develop effective systems, information and technology. Our work contributes to safer treatment and better care within health and social care services in England.
This is an exciting new role, and a great opportunity to join the Assurance team at NHS Digital and start / develop your career in Solutions Assurance. It is an exciting time to join the Assurance Team and be part of the COVID rapid response and vaccine programme and many other national NHS programmes.
Technical and non-functional assurance is the assurance of system performance, scalability, reliability and resilience features to ensure systems and architectures are fit for purpose in the delivery of information technology service. This role entails identifying non-functional technical risks and ensuring they are mitigated through appropriate testing or other means. The role will support assurance provision across NHS Digital and will include contributing to a wide range of test and assurance activities and supporting risk and maturity assessments to support non-functional assurance activity.
This is an interesting role, and a great chance to get involved in a lot of technical areas and de-risk things for NHS Digital.
The successful candidate will work with agile delivery teams, and work across a range of different architectures and systems. The successful candidate will have the opportunity for genuine career progression and will be supported to gain further qualifications / certificates.
This role would suit someone working in IT, software development, architecture, or working as a junior tester with an interest in technology, looking for a career in Technical Assurance.
As a Junior Technical Assurance Analyst you will:
- Support assurance provision across NHS Digital
- Have knowledge of non-functional testing, test processes, methodologies and tools.
- Understand the concepts of technical non-functional risk management.
- Have an awareness of tools used in test automation, including bespoke, open source and commercial tools for non-functional testing?
- Contribute to a wide range of test and assurance activities.
- Support risk and maturity assessments to support non-functional assurance activity.
Some of the key skills and experience you'll bring to the role:
- Ability to identify risks and issues through risk analysis or testing.
- Ability to work as part of a skills blended team.
- Experience of non-functional testing phases including System, Integration and Regression testing including the definition of test artefacts such as Test Plans, Specifications and Reports
- Exposure to automated test tools and testing methodologies including their application and execution.
- Experience of reporting on supplier or in-house testing activities including how issues are progressing and any unplanned delays.
- Ability to support the pace of delivery for NHS Digital and external supplier systems.
- Qualified to Degree level, or equivalent higher education qualification or equivalent experience.
What we offer
In addition to planned, transparent progression you can look forward to the following benefits:
- Flexible working including part-time hours, job shares, flexible hours and part-remote set ups
- 27 days annual leave increasing to 33 with service
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- Contributory Pension (with a contribution from us equal to 20.6% of your earnings)
- NHS Discounts including shops, restaurants, gym, mobile phones, and insurance
- Employee benefit schemes which include our Season Ticket Loan and Car Lease schemes
For more information, visit Working at NHS Digital.
We are the national information and technology partner to the health and care system. Our task is to build and run excellent digital products and services that NHS and care staff across the country can rely on every day.
Find out about the amazing work we do here.
Applications will be assessed against the requirements of the Job description and applicants selected for interview will be contacted by email.
To view further information please see the attached role profile and to apply for the role click ‘Apply for job’ below.
We are unable to accept speculative CVs, all applications must be made through NHS Digital’s career site.
Within your application we are looking for you to demonstrate you have the skills and experience outlined in the role profile.
When uploading your CV, please remove any personal details to allow for your application to be reviewed anonymously.