About the role
Access to Service Information (A2SI) is a well-established part of our Product Development directorate. Delivering effective urgent and emergency care means getting people the right help or treatment when they need it. A2SI is working directly with Urgent and Emergency Care professionals, providers and suppliers to develop a suite of products and services that will;
- Provide official, current, and accurate information on health and care services;
- Enable internet-first principles for accessing, searching and otherwise making that information available;
- Create the right tools and governance to enable effective creation and maintenance of the data and to remove unnecessary duplication of effort throughout the system;
- Lay the foundations for radically new commissioning models or workflows in order to drive precision and accuracy in local commissioning and service design.
In addition, A2SI is responsible for the DoS Live Service which enables urgent and emergency care users to ensure that they can direct patients to the most appropriate service. A2SI requires an experienced, enthusiastic and knowledgeable Senior Product Manager to lead the product team for the Directory of Services. In addition to using their knowledge and experience in product management and development the Senior Product Manager will be required to manage a team of Product Managers and contribute to the strategic direction of product management across A2SI.
The post holder will have experience of identifying, prioritising, and managing user needs and business priorities; working with a team to develop and articulate a clear product vision, achievable goals and measurable outcomes that are aligned along with managing complex and challenging conversations
The role is based in Exeter with regular travel required to other NHS Digital locations and stakeholder meetings.
We want to make sure that you are set for success, these are the skills that you will have:
- Significant experience of user-centred service design practices and methodologies for both public facing or internal services and applications
- Experience delivering with teams using and sourcing state-of-the-art design & development tools, open source software and/or cloud technologies
- Knowledge and proven experience of a variety of techniques for idea generation, prioritisation and gathering and analysing stakeholder / user feedback and service analytics
- Significant experience and practical understanding of a number of programme management methodologies, particularly agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum) and other structured project & programme management approaches
- Educated to Masters level degree OR able to demonstrate an equivalent level of experience in relevant work areas (e.g. product management, product ownership, software delivery etc.)
To view further information please see role profile and links below, to apply for the role click apply. Interviews will be held on the 2nd April 2019. If you would like to discuss this role, please contact (email@example.com).
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary with planned, transparent progression you can look forward to the following benefits:
- 27 days annual leave entitlement increasing with service
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- 14% contribution to your NHS pension
- Flexible working opportunities
- A range of NHS Discounts covering, for example, shops, restaurants, gym, mobile phones and insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Car Lease scheme
- High profile work providing professional development and ability to significantly impact on health and care services
We are the national information and technology partner to the health and care system. Our task is to build and run excellent digital products and services that NHS and care staff across the country can rely on every day.
We have proven expertise in delivering large scale technology infrastructure and work with our NHS partners to ensure the technology we build is adopted quickly, safely and effectively, bringing about maximum benefits for patients.
We power the research that is developing new ways of tackling disease and fully support the role the Government wants the NHS to play in keeping the UK at the forefront of life sciences research.
We are proud of what we have achieved and our amazing people, many of whom have deservedly received public recognition in forums ranging from Women in IT awards to our own Queen’s Honours List.
NHS Digital is undertaking a period of organisational change at the moment to ensure we have high calibre people, with the right skills to support us in delivering our business, now and in the future. While we deliver the organisational change required through to April 2020 we have identified that we still need to recruit to critical roles to maintain our delivery roadmap but we need to make you aware that should you be successful you may still be subject to a change initiative in the future. We wanted to be as transparent as possible so you can build this in to your decision-making process when considering at this time whether to apply for a role at NHS Digital. We will keep you updated throughout your application but please do email us if you have any further questions. Additionally should you apply and be invited to interview you can ask your interviewer more questions on our structure changes and the specific role you have applied for.