About the opportunity
We have a regional opportunity Regional Cyber Security Principal Consultant within our Data Security Centre team where you can positively contribute to improving the Cyber posture of over 200 NHS Trusts across England whilst helping to shape centrally funded Cyber resilience measures developed by NHS Digital’s DSC and encourage their utilisation throughout the estate.
This opportunity would cover the South East region. Our Data Security Centre are responsible for managing the cyber security across the products and services NHS Digital provides.
The Regional Cyber Security Principal Consultant will provide expert targeted advice and guidance to a wide range of NHS Trusts within the South East geographical region, with the aim of improving their ability to prevent, detect, respond and recover from Cyber Security incidents. You will also be responsible for encouraging collaboration and dialogue between NHS organisations within the South East region, with the aim of sharing best practise.
The successful candidate will act as a crucial link between the DSC’s Cyber Security Operating Centre (CSOC) and the front-line during a significant Regional/National Cyber Security incident, providing up to date information to the DSC from the scene and assisting in the co-ordination of remediation efforts on-site.
We want to make sure that you are set for success, these are the key skills and experience that you will have:
• A strong track record in a similar role, with experience of team management and leadership
• Advanced specialist knowledge of the processes, tools and techniques of information security management, ability to deploy and monitor information security systems, as well as detect, resolve and prevent violations of IT security, to protect organizational data
• Industry qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC
• Strong evidence of continuous professional development in the Cyber Security field
• Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management ability
We are the national information and technology partner to the health and care system. Our task is to build and run excellent digital products and services that NHS and care staff across the country can rely on every day. We have proven expertise in delivering large scale technology infrastructure and work with our NHS partners to ensure the technology we build is adopted quickly, safely and effectively, bringing about maximum benefits for patients.
We power the research that is developing new ways of tackling disease and fully support the role the Government wants the NHS to play in keeping the UK at the forefront of life sciences research.
We are proud of what we have achieved and our amazing people, many of whom have deservedly received public recognition in forums ranging from Women in IT awards to our own Queen’s Honours List.
This is a chance to be part of an organisation that makes a real difference on a national scale.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary you can look forward to the following benefits:
• 27 days annual leave entitlement increasing with service
• Buy and sell annual leave scheme
• 20% contribution to your NHS pension
• Flexible working opportunities
• A range of NHS Discounts covering, for example, shops, restaurants, gym, mobile phones, and insurance
• Season ticket loan
• Car Lease scheme
NHS Digital values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities.
Roles at NHS Digital are subject to a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and as such it will be necessary for a submission for D¬isclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service following an acceptance of an offer of employment. Basic checks provide details of convictions and conditional cautions that are considered to be unspent under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. ¬¬¬