About the role
This is an exciting time to join NHS Digital’s Data Security Centre, as we continue to invest in improving the cyber resilience of the products we deliver to front line NHS organisations, and improve the expert advice and guidance we provide directly to them on a daily basis.
As part of the role you will be responsible for
• Primarily focusing on the provision of expert cyber security consultative advice and guidance to those responsible for delivering NHS Digital products and services
• Ensuring that NHS Digital products and services are delivered into service are resilient to cyber attack, and that once in-service, that residual risks to resilience are both understood and managed through-life
• Acting as the Cyber Design Authority (CDA) Lead. This will include setting the direction and controlling the production and maintenance of NHS Digital’s suite of Cyber Security Policy and Standard documentation
• Deputising for the Cyber Security Principal Consultant in their absence
• Evidence of continuous professional development in the field of Cyber Security
• Specialist knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues
• Experience of Team leadership and management
• Hold industry qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA or CRISC
• Knowledge of the NHS desirable but not essential
• Membership of professional body such as ISACA/ISC2 desirable
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary with planned, transparent progression you can look forward to the following benefits:
• 27 days annual leave entitlement increasing with service
• Buy and sell annual leave scheme
• Contributory Pension (with a 20% contribution from us toward the cost of your pension)
• Flexible working opportunities
• A range of NHS Discounts covering, for example, shops, restaurants, gym, mobile phones and insurance
• Season ticket loan
• Car Lease scheme
• High profile work providing professional development and ability to significantly impact on health and care services
We are the national information and technology partner to the health and care system. Our task is to build and run excellent digital products and services that NHS and care staff across the country can rely on every day.
We have proven expertise in delivering large scale technology infrastructure and work with our NHS partners to ensure the technology we build is adopted quickly, safely and effectively, bringing about maximum benefits for patients.
We power the research that is developing new ways of tackling disease and fully support the role the Government wants the NHS to play in keeping the UK at the forefront of life sciences research.
We are proud of what we have achieved and our amazing people, many of whom have deservedly received public recognition in forums ranging from Women in IT awards to our own Queen’s Honours List.
Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by email.
To view further information please see role profile, to apply for the role click apply, below.
We are unable to accept speculative CVs, all applications must be made through NHS Digital’s career site. NHS Digital values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities.
NHS Digital is undertaking a period of organisational change at the moment to ensure we have high calibre people, with the right skills to support us in delivering our business, now and in the future. While we deliver the organisational change required through to April 2020 we have identified that we still need to recruit to critical roles to maintain our delivery roadmap but we need to make you aware that should you be successful you may still be subject to a change initiative in the future. We wanted to be as transparent as possible so you can build this into your decision making process when considering at this time whether to apply for a role at NHS Digital.