About the role
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Product Manager to our award-winning NHS 111 online team. NHS 111 online is a live, national product that can be used by anyone in England when they have an urgent health problem. Reporting to the Head of Product, this is an exciting opportunity to lead a national product and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team.
You will be ready for your next challenge, having proven experience in Product Management in the digital sector. You’ll have plenty of experience in working with a complex digital product and be at ease leading a multi-disciplinary agile team. You will advocate user-centred design principles, and ensure this ethos is maintained and protected as the service continues to develop.
As part of the role you will be responsible for
• Co-ordinating with a highly complex array of stakeholders and suppliers, from in and outside the NHS
• Working closely with colleagues across the urgent care system, primary care, pharmacy, NHS App, NHS.uk and data professions
• Meeting policy and service delivery outcomes, as well as complying with the various legislations associated with delivering a health service to the public
• Owning the vision for the service; setting the direction and managing the product roadmap and prioritising the backlog
• Ensuring the service continues to integrate with the wider health economy to deliver the best possible user experience, and ensure that the NHS is benefitting from NHS 111 online
• Educated to Masters level degree OR able to demonstrate an equivalent level of experience in relevant work areas
• Significant experience and practical understanding of a number of programme management methodologies, particularly agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum) and other structured project & programme management approaches
• Significant experience of user-centred service design practices and methodologies for public facing, business facing or internal services and applications
• Significant experience of leading collaboration within a diverse, multidisciplinary (e.g. teams including Designers, User Researchers, Content Designers and Developers) - including supervising, motivating and leading staff to high professional standards
• Experience in making sound judgements and taking critical decisions throughout the lifecycle of the product when faced with uncertainty, ambiguity and incomplete information
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary with planned, transparent progression you can look forward to the following benefits:
• 27 days annual leave entitlement increasing with service
• Buy and sell annual leave scheme
• Contributory Pension (with a 20% contribution from us toward the cost of your pension)
• Flexible working opportunities
• A range of NHS Discounts covering, for example, shops, restaurants, gym, mobile phones and insurance
• Season ticket loan
• Car Lease scheme
• High profile work providing professional development and ability to significantly impact on health and care services
We are the national information and technology partner to the health and care system. Our task is to build and run excellent digital products and services that NHS and care staff across the country can rely on every day.
We have proven expertise in delivering large scale technology infrastructure and work with our NHS partners to ensure the technology we build is adopted quickly, safely and effectively, bringing about maximum benefits for patients.
We power the research that is developing new ways of tackling disease and fully support the role the Government wants the NHS to play in keeping the UK at the forefront of life sciences research.
We are proud of what we have achieved and our amazing people, many of whom have deservedly received public recognition in forums ranging from Women in IT awards to our own Queen’s Honours List.
Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by email and interviews are expected to be held w/c 16th December.
To view further information please see role profile, to apply for the role click apply, below.
We are unable to accept speculative CVs, all applications must be made through NHS Digital’s career site. NHS Digital values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities.
NHS Digital is undertaking a period of organisational change at the moment to ensure we have high calibre people, with the right skills to support us in delivering our business, now and in the future. While we deliver the organisational change required through to April 2020 we have identified that we still need to recruit to critical roles to maintain our delivery roadmap but we need to make you aware that should you be successful you may still be subject to a change initiative in the future. We wanted to be as transparent as possible so you can build this into your decision making process when considering at this time whether to apply for a role at NHS Digital.