About the role
The Data Services Directorate (DSD) within NHS Digital is responsible for the collection, processing, transformation, and optimisation of the data held in trust by NHS Digital.
As Head of Design you will be working on the All Disease Registration Programme, a way to track life long health and care for people across England.
You will be instrumental in ensuring that NHS Digital develops world-class digital services for citizens, clinicians, commissioners and a range of other users across the health and social care system.
As part of the role, operating across the programme and wider directorate, you will be responsible for:
- guiding, influencing and coaching a service design team, made up of service designers and user researchers, facilitating close collaboration and peer support within the design and research communities.
- coordinating design and user research activities across different products and services, considering available resources to suit changeable priorities and ensuring a good fit of designers and researchers.
- providing senior oversight, guidance, support and expert advice on best practice and standards for all design and research activities.
- creating the environment within which all NHS Digital’s designers and user researchers can do their best work.
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- relevant working experience or qualifications equivalent to master’s level.
- proven specialist knowledge of at least one of graphic, interaction, or service design
- significant specialist in-depth professional knowledge in a number of disciplines additional to design e.g. user research, performance and staff management acquired through training and experience.
- successfully directed multiple programmes of design and/or research projects, across agile multi-disciplinary teams, in a highly complex environment.
- recognition as an industry authority in the field of design.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary with planned, transparent progression you can look forward to the following benefits:
- 27 days annual leave entitlement increasing with service
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- Contributory Pension (with a 20.6% contribution from us toward the cost of your pension)
- Flexible working opportunities
- A range of NHS Discounts covering, for example, shops, restaurants, gym, mobile phones and insurance
- Employees schemes including a Season ticket loan and Car Lease
Please note that the advertised salary is effective from 1st April 2020 in line with the NHS Terms and Conditions of Service.
For more information visit our Working at NHS Digital page.
We are the national information and technology partner to the health and care system. Our task is to build and run excellent digital products and services that NHS and care staff across the country can rely on every day.
We have proven expertise in delivering large scale technology infrastructure and work with our NHS partners to ensure the technology we build is adopted quickly, safely and effectively, bringing about maximum benefits for patients.
We power the research that is developing new ways of tackling disease and fully support the role the Government wants the NHS to play in keeping the UK at the forefront of life sciences research.
We pride ourselves on what we have achieved and our amazing people, many of whom have deservedly received public recognition in forums ranging from Women in IT awards to our own Queen’s Honours List.
Find out more about the amazing work we do here.
Interviews for successful applicants will take place week commencing 9th March in London. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by email.
To view further information please see role profile, to apply for the role click apply, below.
NHS Digital values and respects the diversity of prospective candidates and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects this, with that in mind candidates requiring flexible working hours will be considered.
NHS Digital is undertaking a period of organisational change at the moment to ensure we have high calibre people, with the right skills to support us in delivering our business, now and in the future. While we deliver the organisational change required through to April 2020 we have identified that we still need to recruit to critical roles to maintain our delivery roadmap but we need to make you aware that should you be successful you may still be subject to a change initiative in the future. We wanted to be as transparent as possible so you can build this into your decision making process when considering at this time whether to apply for a role at NHS Digital.
If you have previously applied for this role (or a similar one) with NHS Digital and been unsuccessful in your application, we will not accept any further applications for a period of six months. Instead, we encourage you to obtain feedback from your initial application to support your future career.
We are unable to accept speculative CVs, all applications must be made through NHS Digital’s career site.