About the role
Cyber Security Senior Analyst - SIEM Deployment and Engineering
This is an exciting time to join NHS Digital’s Data Security Centre (DSC) as we continue to invest in improving the cyber resilience of the products we deliver to front line NHS organisations and develop the expert guidance we are able to provide directly to these organisations on a daily basis.
You can positively contribute to improving the Cyber stance of over 200 NHS Trusts across England. Helping to shape centrally funded Cyber resilience measures developed by NHS Digital’s DSC and encourage their utilisation throughout the estate.
This role is part of a strategic plan to alleviate the cyber threat to systems within the NHS. Read more about why this is more important now than ever here.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to clear security clearance SC level. For more information please click the link here: Security Clearance SC Level
As a Cyber Security Senior Analyst (SIEM Deployment and Engineering) you will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct technical feed deployment activities into NHS Digital’s SIEM tool both for newly developed services and for existing services being updated/re-platformed.
- Work closely with the Protective Monitoring team, conducting tuning activities as new feeds are deployed into the SIEM tool.
- Collaborate and conduct knowledge transfer activities with existing Contract staff currently running NHS Digital’s SIEM deployment and engineering activities.
- Deputise for the Cyber Security Principal Analyst in their absence.
- Mentor and train junior staff within the Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSOC).
- Contribute status updates to the CSOC’s engineering forum.
- Provide clear and accurate SIEM deployment update briefs to senior management.
- Generate reports for technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments.
Some of the key skills and experience you'll bring:
- Extensive knowledge of concept, procedures and processes of SIEM. Ability to utilise related applications to protect organisational networks from cyber risks.
- Demonstrable knowledge of modules, processes and technologies of Information Security Operation Centre (ISOC); ability to detect, respond and utilise related platform and applications to perform cyber security initiatives.
- Expert knowledge of the processes, tools and techniques of information security management, ability to deploy and monitor information security systems, as well as detect, resolve and prevent violations of IT security, to protect organisational data.
- Demonstrable knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues; ability to apply these in protecting information security across the organisation.
- Extensive knowledge of techniques, approaches and processes of digital threats; ability to detect, monitor, analyse and prevent digital threats.
- Knowledge of tools, techniques and processes of intrusion detection and prevention; ability to detect, resolve and prevent intrusion behaviours to protect organisational networks.
- Masters level degree or equivalent level of experience and industry qualifications such as SANS: SEC501, SEC504, FOR508, FOR572.
- Experience of mentoring and leadership.
- Evidence of continuous professional development in the Cyber Security field.
- The postholder will be required to be security cleared to SC level.
The salary for this role is £54,903 comprised of a base salary of £45,753 plus a recruitment and retention premium of 20%.
What we offer
In addition to planned, transparent progression you can look forward to the following benefits:
- Flexible working including part-time hours, job shares, flexible hours and part-remote set ups
- 27 days annual leave increasing to 33 with service
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- Contributory Pension (with a contribution from us equal to 20.6% of your earnings)
- NHS Discounts including shops, restaurants, gym, mobile phones, and insurance
- Employee benefit schemes which include our Season Ticket Loan and Car Lease schemes
For more information, visit Working at NHS Digital.
We are the national information and technology partner to the health and care system. Our task is to build and run excellent digital products and services that NHS and care staff across the country can rely on every day.
Find out about the amazing work we do here.
Interviews will take place remotely March 2021. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by email.
To view further information please see the attached role profile and to apply for the role click ‘Apply for job’ below.
We are unable to accept speculative CVs, all applications must be made through NHS Digital’s career site.
Within your application we are looking for you to demonstrate you have the skills and experience outlined in the role profile.
When uploading your CV, please remove any personal details to allow for your application to be reviewed anonymously.