About the role - Cyber Security Analyst – SIEM Deployment and Engineering
This is an exciting time to join NHS Digital’s Data Security Centre as we continue to invest in improving the cyber resilience of the products we deliver to front line NHS organisations and develop the expert guidance we are able to provide directly to these organisations on a daily basis.
You can positively contribute to improving the Cyber stance of over 200 NHS Trusts across England. Helping to shape centrally funded Cyber resilience measures developed by NHS Digital’s DSC and encourage their utilisation throughout the estate.
This role is part of a strategic plan to alleviate the cyber threat to systems within the NHS. Read more about why this is more important now than ever here.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to clear security clearance SC level. For more information please click the link here: Security Clearance SC Level
As a Cyber Security Analyst (SIEM Deployment and Engineering), you will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct technical feed deployment activities into the CSOC (Cyber Security Operations Centre) SIEM tool, both for newly developed services and for existing services being updated/re-platformed.
- Work closely with the Protective Monitoring team, conducting tuning activities as new feeds are deployed into the SIEM tool
- Collaborate and participate in knowledge transfer activities with existing contract staff currently running the CSOC’s SIEM deployment and engineering activities
- Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments
Some of the key skills and experience you'll bring:
- Demonstrable knowledge of the processes, tools and techniques of information security management, ability to deploy and monitor information security systems, as well as detect, resolve and prevent violations of IT security, to protect organisational data.
- Working knowledge of concept, procedures and processes of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM); ability to use related applications to protect organisational networks from cyber risks.
- Proven knowledge of network concepts, technologies, tools and philosophies, and the ability to design an organisation's network infrastructure and services.
- Demonstrable knowledge of tools, methods, and techniques of requirement analysis; ability to elicit, analyse and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project
- Degree level qualification or equivalent level of experience and industry qualifications such as CompTIASecurity, CompTIANetwork+ or SANSSEC401.
What we offer
In addition to planned, transparent progression you can look forward to the following benefits:
- Flexible working including part-time hours, job shares, flexible hours and part-remote set ups
- 27 days annual leave increasing to 33 with service
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- Contributory Pension (with a contribution from us equal to 20.6% of your earnings)
- NHS Discounts including shops, restaurants, gym, mobile phones, and insurance
- Employee benefit schemes which include our Season Ticket Loan and Car Lease schemes
For more information, visit Working at NHS Digital.
The salary for this role is £46,668 comprised of a base salary of £38,890 plus a recruitment and retention premium of 20%.
We are the national information and technology partner to the health and care system. Our task is to build and run excellent digital products and services that NHS and care staff across the country can rely on every day.
Find out about the amazing work we do here.
Interviews will take place remotely in March 2021. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by email.
To view further information please see the attached role profile and to apply for the role click ‘Apply for job’ below.
We are unable to accept speculative CVs, all applications must be made through NHS Digital’s career site.
Within your application we are looking for you to demonstrate you have the skills and experience outlined in the role profile.
When uploading your CV, please remove any personal details to allow for your application to be reviewed anonymously.