About the role
You will be a key member of the Governance & Compliance Team working closely with the Chair, CEO and chairs of our Board sub-committees. You will lead a team that delivers a “first in class” administrative support service ensuring the Board is able to fulfil it’s statutory governance and compliance obligations to the public and parliament.
This is a demanding role but one which provides a unique opportunity to experience working at a national level within the NHS. You will need commitment & excellent communication and engagement skills. You will be required to demonstrate a meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to manage the production of high quality output to fixed timescales and often at short notice.
The successful applicant will be a member of the Governance and Compliance management team and will be expected to contribute successfully to achieving the business plan and associated KPIs.
As a Board Secretariat Manager you will:
- Managing the provision of an exceptional administrative service to the Chair, Non-Executive Directors and associated Board and Committees.
- The delivery of effective Board and Committee meetings, achieved by managing the end-to-end meeting life cycle.
- Driving business improvement through continually reviewing and enhancing the team’s processes and procedures whilst at the same time offering excellent customer focus and an outstanding service.
- Maintaining effective relationships with staff at all levels in the organisation.
- Being a proactive team leader and team member
Some of the key skills and experience you'll bring to the role:
- Experience of working in a corporate governance capacity or company secretary function, alongside experience of working in the public sector e.g. NHS.
- Proficient and highly practiced in the coordination and administering of corporate and senior level organisational meetings, including management of the end-to-end meeting life-cycle, creation of accurate agenda and meeting packs, the production of comprehensive and accurate minutes and ensuring meeting actions are completed by deadlines.
- Proven ability and substantial experience of prioritising and organising a large, complex and busy workload with substantial experience of planning activities for self, for direct reports and for a team.
- Experience of line management and performance appraisal and the development of staff.
- Demonstrable experience of negotiating adjustments in timelines and/or scope of work, when appropriate whilst confidently challenging very senior internal and external stakeholders who impact on deadlines.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills with the ability to deliver professional yet complex and challenging messages at a very senior organisational level in an appropriate and professional way.
- Considerable experience of managing highly confidential and sensitive information in a professional and restricted manner.
- Substantial experience of preparing proposals, briefings, presentations, reports, and other documentation and providing management information both verbally and in report format.
- Recognised qualification in business administration (ideally ICSA) or equivalent qualification/experience
What we offer
In addition to planned, transparent progression you can look forward to the following benefits:
- Flexible working including part-time hours, job shares, flexible hours and part-remote set ups
- 27 days annual leave increasing to 33 with service
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- Contributory Pension (with a contribution from us equal to 20.6% of your earnings)
- NHS Discounts including shops, restaurants, gym, mobile phones, and insurance
- Employee benefit schemes which include our Season Ticket Loan and Car Lease schemes
For more information, visit Working at NHS Digital.
We are the national information and technology partner to the health and care system. Our task is to build and run excellent digital products and services that NHS and care staff across the country can rely on every day.
Find out about the amazing work we do here.
Interviews will take place remotely wk/c 5th April 2021. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by email.
To view further information please see the attached role profile and to apply for the role click ‘Apply for job’ below.
We are unable to accept speculative CVs, all applications must be made through NHS Digital’s career site.
Within your application we are looking for you to demonstrate you have the skills and experience outlined in the role profile.
When uploading your CV, please remove any personal details to allow for your application to be reviewed anonymously.