About the role
Do you want to make a difference? Are you interested in joining an expert team working to transform health care technology in England? Do you have knowledge of and experience in; designing and delivering systems using Cloud Services, Big Data and analytics, IoT (Internet of Things) and wearables or Architecture and digital strategy? Then we may have the job for you…
This is an exciting time to join NHS Digital as one of our Associate Technical or Solution Architects. The Architecture Profession provides a range of services to our internal and external stakeholders. We provide technical and solution architecture design, technical consultancy and technical/solution architecture ownership to large-scale NHS programmes and organisations. The work we do makes a difference to patients and NHS staff at a national level.
As either an Associate Technical or Solution Architect you will typically be working on the architecture for a large-scale system or domain, providing support to the Senior Technical or Solution Architect.
Key skills and experience you will bring:
- Substantial industry experience within an Information Technology domain with a high level and extensive specialist knowledge of specific specialisms.
- Proven ability to transfer and develop skills and knowledge into new technical areas at short notice to maintain a relevant technical skillset. For example, evidence of expert knowledge of cloud technology, approaches to cloud migrations, appropriate use of SAAS, PAAS, IAAS.
- Experienced in the provision of well-informed technology advice, taking steps to ensure that it is properly understood and appropriately articulated.
- TOGAF certification or major cloud provider architecture certification desirable.
What we offer
In addition to planned, transparent progression you can look forward to the following benefits:
- Flexible working which may include part-time hours, job shares, flexible hours and part-remote set ups
- 27 days annual leave increasing to 33 with service
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- Contributory Pension (with a contribution from us equal to 20.6% of your earnings)
- NHS Discounts including shops, restaurants, gym, mobile phones, and insurance
- Employee benefit schemes which include our Season Ticket Loan and Car Lease schemes
For more information, visit Working at NHS Digital or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The advertised salary is inclusive of a 10% Recruitment and Retention Premium (RRP).
We are the national information and technology partner to the health and care system. Our task is to build and run excellent digital products and services that NHS and care staff across the country can rely on every day.
Find out about the amazing work we do here.
Online, video interviews are scheduled to place week commencing 22nd of March. Applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted by email.
To view further information please see the attached role profile and to apply for the role click ‘Apply for job’ below.
We are unable to accept speculative CVs, all applications must be made through NHS Digital’s career site.
If you have previously interviewed for this role (or a similar one) with NHS Digital and been unsuccessful, we encourage you to obtain feedback from your initial application to support your future career as we will not accept any further applications for a period of six months.