About the role
NHS Pathways Clinical Decision Support System is a suite of products used in Urgent and Emergency care settings. It is used over the telephone to support non-clinical call handlers to assess callers’ symptoms and direct them to the most appropriate level of care for the care needs of the patient at the time of the call. It is used by all NHS 111 telephone service providers in England, and approximately half of 999 service providers.
NHS Pathways content also ‘powers’ 111 online and has a version of content used in an Emergency Department. It currently supports the remote assessment of 18 million symptom assessments per year. It is also used by clinicians to support their assessments.
The NHS Pathways suite of products are growing and evolving at a fast pace and so the team must grow too. This is a truly exciting time for NHS Pathways.
NHS Pathways are forming a new project management function within the programmes Clinical Authoring team. The Project Manager will be responsible for their own projects, the clinical enquiries process and reporting. The Project Manager will also be a line manager for two Associate Project Managers.
As part of the role you will be responsible for:
- Overall management of the clinical enquires process including reviewing and implementing service improvements to this process along with other clinical processes
- Proactive management of existing clinical enquiries (inc feedback, chasing responses, gathering information for clinical team)
- Providing KPI reports to the clinical team and other areas as required in order to drive service improvements
- Providing overall project management support and leadership to Associate Project Managers for a range of projects within the clinical team. The Associate Project Managers will manage the clinical check process, support release management and provide project and secretarial support to clinical governance boards
- Improving communications with customers and stakeholders.
We want you to be set for success, these are some of the key skills and experience that you'll bring to the role:
- Educated to Masters level or equivalent qualification/experience.
- Have a recognised delivery framework qualification at practitioner level e.g. PRINCE2, Agile, ITIL or equivalent experience
- Specialised knowledge, ideally within a digital environment, of project, programme, management frameworks and practices, such as; risk management, quality & assurance management, planning, benefits realisation, change control and governance models.
- Experience of line management, leads by example, visible to the team, professional and strives for excellence.
- Undertakes negotiations with an understanding of how to identify and pre-empt conflict, agree resolution action plans and appropriate approaches to escalate where required.
- Thrives working with diverse groups of stakeholders solving their problems and adding value to their operating environment.
- Experience of working with clinicians / medical staff would be beneficial.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary with planned, transparent progression you can look forward to the following benefits:
- 27 days annual leave entitlement increasing with service
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- Contributory Pension (with a 20.6% contribution from us toward the cost of your pension)
- Flexible working opportunities
- A range of NHS Discounts covering, for example, shops, restaurants, gym, mobile phones and insurance
- Employees schemes including a Season ticket loan and Car Lease
For more information visit our Working at NHS Digital page.
We are the national information and technology partner to the health and care system. Our task is to build and run excellent digital products and services that NHS and care staff across the country can rely on every day.
Find out more about the amazing work we do here.
Remote interviews for successful applicants will take place mid-April. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by email.
To view further information please see role profile, to apply for the role click apply, below.
NHS Digital values and respects the diversity of prospective candidates and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects this, with that in mind candidates requiring flexible working hours will be considered.
We are unable to accept speculative CVs, all applications must be made through NHS Digital’s career site.