About the role
This is a key role in the delivery of the Health and Social Care Network (HSCN) programme. Which is a large-scale transformation of infrastructure to the Health Sector to enable a more reliable, efficient and flexible way for health care organisations to access and exchange electronic information. Providing reductions in cost, and complexity, the standardising of networks, enabling of service sharing and allowing information to be reliably shared to realise efficient delivery of patient services.
You will provide to the programme a set of key duties and skills:
- External/Internal programme assurance, e.g. Gateway reviews
- Resource Management support for the programme
- Working closely with all stakeholders to ensure the programme delivery.
- Maintain and develop all key PMO artefacts to industry standard.
- Manage all programme controls
- Optimise reporting requirements/standards and structures.
- Manages quality strategies and procedures.
- Portfolio Manager to ensure timely approvals at Director and SRO level.
- Business Planning.
- Capacity/Capability/People management of the PMO team.
- Manage the programme reporting regime.
You will engage with the Programme Director and Programme Heads as well as senior external stakeholders such as the SRO and Department of Health, Cabinet Office and Treasury, managing expectations and negotiating and influencing to resolve issues as they arise.
We want to make sure that you are set for success, these are the skills that you will have:
- Knowledge and proven experience of leading a PMO function and the requirements and standards of effective project and programme management.
- Experience of Programme Business Resource planning
- Finance and change control for large scale programmes
- Programme planning of large GMPP programme including dependency management
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary with planned, transparent progression you can look forward to the following benefits:
- 27 days annual leave entitlement increasing with service
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- 14% contribution to your NHS pension
- Flexible working opportunities
- A range of NHS Discounts covering, for example, shops, restaurants, gym, mobile phones and insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Car Lease scheme
- High profile work providing professional development and ability to significantly impact on health and care services
We are the national information and technology partner to the health and care system. Our task is to build and run excellent digital products and services that NHS and care staff across the country can rely on every day.
We have proven expertise in delivering large scale technology infrastructure and work with our NHS partners to ensure the technology we build is adopted quickly, safely and effectively, bringing about maximum benefits for patients.
We power the research that is developing new ways of tackling disease and fully support the role the Government wants the NHS to play in keeping the UK at the forefront of life sciences research.
We are proud of what we have achieved and our amazing people, many of whom have deservedly received public recognition in forums ranging from Women in IT awards to our own Queen’s Honours List.
This role is being offered on a fixed term contract basis for 18 months.
To view further information please see role profile and click apply.
If you would like to discuss this role, please contact Andrew Hall – email@example.com
NHS Digital values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities.
Roles at NHS Digital are subject to a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service following an acceptance of an offer of employment. Basic checks provide details of convictions and conditional cautions that are unspent under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
NHS Digital is undertaking a period of organisational change now to ensure we have high calibre people, with the right skills to support us in delivering our business, now and in the future. While we deliver the organisational change required through to April 2020, we have identified that we still need to recruit to critical roles to maintain our delivery roadmap, but we need to make you aware that should you be successful you may still be subject to a change initiative in the future. We wanted to be as transparent as possible so you can build this in to your decision-making process when considering at this time whether to apply for a role at NHS Digital.
We will keep you updated throughout your application but please do email us if you have any further questions. Additionally, should you apply and be invited to interview you can ask your interviewer more questions on our structure changes and the specific role you have applied for.