About the role
It is an incredibly exciting time to join NHS Digital. We are undergoing significant transformation to deliver a range of advanced data services which are future and forward looking. Data is the fundamental building block of our business that enables our services to be effectively delivered. We are seeking a highly experienced leader in data optimisation, who can operationally run lead and develop the direction of our core data services on our newly established Data Processing Services.
Our organisation is receiving larger amounts of data than ever before and this trend is only set to increase and diversify. The post holder will be responsible for leading a team whose key goal is optimising the fundamental data building blocks of the nations’ health and care data, that NHS Digital holds in trust. A passion for enablement and automation coupled with clear logic and precision are vital qualities for the post holder. Experience of driving and leading established teams into new ways of working and using new technology as well as building new functions within a directorate is a key requirement for the individual successful in the role.
We want to make sure that you are set for success, these are the skills, knowledge and experience you will have:
- Extensive knowledge of Data Optimisation and Management principles and practices as defined by DAMA (Data Management Association)
- Extensive knowledge of Data Optimisation Management service design, delivery and service management
- Experience of leading a large-scale data processing functions in a complex organisation including strategic oversight of large datasets with complex data linkage components
- Evidence of working at board level in a specialist area in a large and/or complex organisation
For informal enquires and discussion please contact Daniel Ray Director of Data at email@example.com
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary with planned, transparent progression you can look forward to the following benefits:
- 27 days annual leave entitlement increasing with service
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- 14% contribution to your NHS pension
- Flexible working opportunities
- A range of NHS Discounts covering, for example, shops, restaurants, gym, mobile phones and insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Car Lease scheme
- High profile work providing professional development and ability to significantly impact on health and care services
We are the national information and technology partner to the health and care system. Our task is to build and run excellent digital products and services that NHS and care staff across the country can rely on every day.
We have proven expertise in delivering large scale technology infrastructure and work with our NHS partners to ensure the technology we build is adopted quickly, safely and effectively, bringing about maximum benefits for patients.
We power the research that is developing new ways of tackling disease and fully support the role the Government wants the NHS to play in keeping the UK at the forefront of life sciences research.
We are proud of what we have achieved and our amazing people, many of whom have deservedly received public recognition in forums ranging from Women in IT awards to our own Queen’s Honours List.
Please view the role profile for more information.
For a detailed overview of the role, please view the full job description.
NHS Digital values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities.
Roles at NHS Digital are subject to a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service following an acceptance of an offer of employment. Basic checks provide details of convictions and conditional cautions that are considered to be unspent under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.