Operating Department Practitioner – Maternity Cover
West Valley Hospital
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Operating Department Practitioner with Anaesthetic experience for a 1 year Maternity cover contract.
The successful candidate will be joining our specialised team working closely with our Consultants to deliver high standards of care to patients. We have 2 fully equipped Theatres and an Endoscopy suite enabling a vast range of procedures to be undertaken.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate current Theatre experience and the ability to work under pressure with the tenacity and passion required to drive success in a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
Reporting to the Theatre Manager, the ODP will:
- Support the Theatre Manager providing visible excellent patient care
- Work to communicate with Consultants building strong effective relations moving forward
- Have a current HCPC registration
- Assist the Unit in complying with all statutory and Ramsay quality standards
- Assist clinically based projects in the development of the theatre services and specialities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong track record in working well within a team
- Experience and confidence working under their own initiative
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant legal and professional care/practice standards
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Competitive Salary plus enhancements where eligible
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave plus the opportunity to buy/sell more
- Flexible shift options
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
- Free offsite parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
- Free Uniform
West Valley Hospital is a modern day-case facility with a contemporary design and in an ideal location for patients to travel to and from both West and East Croydon Rail Station, Croydon Bus Interchange and the main Tram Interchange. The hospital is also located closely to the local NHS Trust with Croydon University Hospital less than a mile away.
We are situated in West Croydon, on the 9th Floor of the Interchange Building, an ideal location for transport links for access by patients and staff. The Unit has been completed to a high specification with its Modern and Contemporary design it enjoys the benefits of up to date modern technology with private parking.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success. Click here to find out more.
This job may close sooner if a suitable candidate is appointed
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
West Valley Hospital Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all