Health Care Assistant - Decontamination Assistant
Competitive Salary | Springfield Hospital – Chelmsford | BANK |
In this role you will be an integral part of a team who are committed to delivering the highest quality clinical outcomes in a supported environment, where you will be valued for your skills and expertise. You will support the provision of a high quality sterilisation / decontamination service in accordance with Ramsay policies and procedures. The role involves the collection and movement of sterile and contaminated medical devices to and from our offsite services which will need to be checked for intgreity and completeness. Movement of the medical devices will be done via a computer system. All documentation will need to be complete from arrivals and dispatches. You will need to carry out basic pre-cleaning of medical devices. As part of this role you will be co-ordinating the movement of sterile and contaminated medical devices to meet the needs of the service and ensuring all paperwork relating to the deontamination of loaned medical devices is organised efficiently and correctly.
What you’ll bring with you
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet changing needs of the business
- Demonstrated customer services skills
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave plus the opportunity to buy/sell more
- Flexible shift options
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free uniform
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
- Free DBS checking
- Long service, Employee recognition and appreciation awards
- Hospital bonus / employee incentive scheme
Springfield Hospital opened in 1987 and is one of Essex leading private hospitals. It is a 64 bedded hospital all with ensuite facilities, three of which are two bedded parent and child rooms and a high dependency unit with three beds. There are six operating theatres, a physiotherapy department and on site private GP services.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success. Click here to find out more.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
For more information on our services please visit https://www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/