Decontamination Technician Supervisor - Nights
We are now inviting applications for the post of Decontamination Technician Supervisor for Nights. This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week and will include working weekends on a 3 week rotational basis) and is based at Ramsay Sterile Services East, Braintree.
We are looking for a dynamic people person with excellent organisational skills. You will know your way around the decontamination of re-usable medical devices and you will have had experience of ISO standard quality systems. You will have strong motivational skills and be comfortable working alongside your team in achieving the daily requirements of the unit.
Successful applicants will either already hold a recognised decontamination qualification or will be willing to undertake the Institute of Decontamination Sciences Technical Certificate upon completion of 6 months’ probation. We also want to develop our managers of the future and employees with the required characteristics and skills will be developed to meet the requirements of management roles going forward. If you are ready for the next step on the ladder and want a fresh start, come along for an informal visit and meet the team.
The successful applicant must have:
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Good computer skills (MS Office package)
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational ability
- Demonstrated customer service skills
Key responsibilities include:
- Complete daily sterilisation /decontamination tasks as required in line within all Ramsay policies and procedures
- Organising the work load of the team, allocating duties, problem solving, working alongside the team
- Participate fully in quality control processes ensuring procedures and documentation is completed accurately at all times
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary Plus Enhancements (if eligible)
- 33 days annual leave inc bank holidays which increase with service (pro rata)
- Private Healthcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Free on-site Parking
Ramsay Health Care UK have2 purpose built sterile services/decontamination supercentres in Braintree Essex and in Preston Lancashire. They have been open for the past 11 years and service Ramsay hospitals in their regions. Both facilities are accredited to the ISO 13485 standard and are proud to deliver excellence in medical device decontamination within the sector.
Our staff have the benefit of a full year in house training programme and we also send a cohort every year on the Institute of Decontamination Sciences technical certificate course. We try to capture talent within our staff and are committed to developing our technicians to excel in their career with us. If you are looking for a challenging, practical and technically demanding career, please come for an informal visit and find out more about what we do.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success. C
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service and 2 satisfactory references
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.
To apply, please visit our website at: www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/careers