Woodthorpe Hospital are currently looking for an energetic, passionate and enthusiastic Registered Nurse to join our surgical ward team.
The number of patients who choose Woodthorpe Hospital for their care and treatment continues to rise and 98% of our patients tell us they would recommend the hospital to their friends and family. We currently have a 4.5/5 star rating n the NHS Choices website, which shows how highly people rate the hospital, and are striving to achieve a five star rating very shortly.
We offer elective surgery including orthopaedics, general surgery, Urology, Plastic Surgery, gynaecology and ophthalmology.
We have 2 wards on separate floors, ward 1 has 22 rooms and ward 2 has 15 rooms. These are split into daycase’s on ward 2 and inpatient’s on ward 1. We are in the process of improving both our inpatient and daycase pathways, and so this is a great time to be involved in change and making a difference.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Current NMC registration
- A passion for delivering an excellent patient-focus service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the business
- Clinical experience in a surgical environment
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Good computer literacy
What we offer
- Competitive rate of pay in accordance to experience and clinical skills
- Enhancements for unsocial hours (50% enhancement on Saturdays, 50% enhancement on Sundays)
- Ramsay scholarship fund available to support the continued academic learning for staff
- Ramsay benefits scheme
- Full induction support and mentorship will be provided
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free parking and subsidised staff restaurant
- Life Assurance (3 x annual salary paid to who every you choose)
- Excellent ongoing paid training and development opportunities
Woodthorpe Hospital has provided healthcare services to the people of Nottingham since 1877. Conveniently located towards the north of Nottingham city centre. The hospital offers private and NHS services to the population of Nottingham and beyond and has an excellent reputation for high standards of care and customer service.
Woodthorpe hospital serves the community of Nottingham and our dedicated team are very proud of its Care Quality Commission rating of ‘Good’ across all five domains of the Fundamental Standards of Care; Well Led, Caring, Safe, Effective and Responsive to people’s needs. Although ‘Good’ is excellent our aim is to achieve the standard of ‘Outstanding’ during our next inspection.
All offers of employment in respect of these appointments will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
For any further information please contact email@example.com