Plain Film Radiographer
Ramsay Health Care’s Woodthorpe Hospital in Nottinghamshire, has a vacancy for a full time Plain Film Radiographer.
As a key member of the department, you will support the Radiology Manager in the provision of radiology services.
You will have key relationships with the hospitals departments and will be interacting with Consultants on a daily basis so excellent organisational and communication skill are essential.
As a Plain Film Radiographer you will be part of a close knit innovative team. The successful applicant will have an enthusiastic out look to ensure the delivery of a high diagnostic imaging service.
To support and encourage the development of the Plain Film team here at the Woodthorpe, you will be rotated though the MRI suite. You will be fully trained and supported by a range of competencies.
The role will include some non-clinical responsibilities such as ordering stock, audits, booking patients appointments and answering telephone enquiries.
The candidate will need to have excellent communication skills, good attention to detail and be flexible with their work patterns.
You must have a Diploma form the College of Radiographers or hold a BSc in Radiology and be registered with the HCPC. You must demonstrate strong customer service skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the provision of high quality service within financial margins.
- To participate in the provision of a high standard of patient care and treatment.
- Participates as a member of the radiology team in providing a radiographic service throughout the whole of the imaging department.
- Ability to participate in evening and weekend working as required.
- Processing radiology bookings.
- RIS/PACS processes.
- Ensuring that the agreed standards of patient care and confidentiality are maintained in accordance with Ramsay policies.
The successful candidate will also hold the following essential qualifications/criteria:
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Demonstrated Customer Service skills.
- Demonstrated Computer Skills.
- Desirables Experience working in a healthcare or hospital environment.
- Desirables – previous private sector experience
In return we offer:
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Private Healthcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Subsidised Staff Restaurant
- Free on Site Parking
The Woodthorpe Hospital is a 42 bedded private hospital on 2 wards offering multi-speciality surgery for day cases and inpatients stay for both private and NHS patients. It has a very busy outpatients’ department with patients seen by many different speciality consultants including Orthopaedics, spinal, gynaecology, urology, gastroenterology, dermatology and ENT.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England. We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Woodland Hospital is committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.”