DECONTAMINATION TECHNICIAN - NIGHTS
We are now inviting applications for the post of Decontamination Technician. This is a full-time position covering night shifts (37.5 hours per week and will include working weekends on a 3 week rotational basis) and is based at Ramsay Sterile Services East, Braintree.
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated individuals who have already worked within the field of decontamination of re-usable medical devices for at least 2 years, or who have completed a recognised decontamination course (NVQ/TVQ/Technical Certificate).
For those looking for progression we offer training and development including the opportunity to undertake the IDSc Technical Certificate. We are looking for people to develop their careers with us, so if you feel you need to move forward with a fresh start, come and meet the team for an informal visit.
The successful applicant must have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Decontamination Technician within a health care setting
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Good computer skills (MS Office package)
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Willingness to work the occasional night shift once competence is achieved
Key responsibilities include:
- Performing the full decontamination cycle on re-usable medical devices (surgical instruments) to the highest of standards, in line within all Ramsay policies and procedures
- Participate fully in quality control processes ensuring procedures and documentation is completed accurately at all times
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary Plus Enhancements (if eligible)
- 33 days annual leave inc bank holidays which increase with service (pro rata)
- Private Healthcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Free on-site Parking
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of 2 x satisfactory references.
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.
To apply, please visit our website at: www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/careers