We have an exciting opportunity for a Theatre Administrator to join our expanding team at The Westbourne Centre, Birmingham.
This role will work as part of both the theatre team and the business admin team to support the high standard of patient care delivered in our theatres. The administrative support tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Management of stock, including ordering, returns and stock take.
- Liaising with consultants regarding their lists, equipment and any other assistance they may require.
- Liaising with patients to ensure their visit runs as smoothly as possible.
- Theatre diary management, including booking and coordination of theatre lists,
- General administrative support for the day to day running of the theatre and associated processes.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a healthcare setting.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
- Good IT skills and knowledge including experience in the use of Microsoft applications and databases.
- Ability to work under pressure, sometimes to short deadlines.
- Assistance in supporting with health and safety, clinical governance and team meetings.
- Excellent customer service skills, with professional and empathetic telephone manner.
- Well organised, conscientious and reliable, focused on attention to detail.
- Excited by the challenge of working in a busy and progressive theatre department in a job role that will evolve as the business continues to grow.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Competitive salary plus enhancements where eligible
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Flexible shift options
- Free onsite parking
- Access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
The Centre has one operating theatre, offering surgery under local anaesthetic with or without sedation for self-pay, insured and NHS patients. Over 30 consultants use the operating theatre, covering a range of specialities including cosmetic surgery, orthopaedics, general surgery, vascular surgery and ophthalmology.
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service. The successful candidates will be subject a 6-month probationary period.
Hours of business at The Westbourne Centre are 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am -4pm on a Saturday.
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.