Registered Nurse/ODP Ophthalmology
An opportunity has arisen for an RGN/ODP to join the busy Ophthalmology team based at The Yorkshire Clinic in Bingley, both full & part time opportunities are available . You will be required to provide quality care for patients at The Yorkshire Clinic and hold an appropriate Nursing qualification. Good communication skills and evidence of continuing development are essential.
Role Purpose & Core Responsibilities:
- To provide quality planned care for patients
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly
- Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs
Knowledge/ Skills/ Qualifications:
- Registered with NMC/HCPC
- Experience within Ophthalmology procedures or other relevant Ophthalmic experience would be an advantage however training will be given
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
In return, we offer the successful candidate:
- Negotiable salary dependent upon skills and qualifications + enhancements for unsocial hours and on-call
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Ongoing training and development
- Free parking
- Subsidised staff restaurant
The Yorkshire Clinic is one of West Yorkshire's leading private hospitals set in three acres of woodland in the grounds of Cottingley Hall near Bingley. The hospital opened in 1982 and provides high quality, safe and effective care across a wide range of specialties to private and NHS funded patients. The Yorkshire Clinic’s facilities include 2 wards with 53 inpatient and daycase beds delivering over 16,000 admissions annually, 5 Operating theatres, 2 Minor operating suites, 1 Endoscopy unit with JAG accreditation, radiology department including newly installed static MR and CT, Physiotherapy department with refurbished gym, pharmacy, Outpatient departments delivering over 100,000 consultations per year and The Lodge a specialist ophthalmic unit.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success. Click here to find out more.
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.