We have an exciting opportunity for a Receptionist to join our expanding team at The Westbourne Centre, Birmingham.
The Westbourne Centre is an independent medical centre based in Birmingham’s Edgbaston Medical Quarter, bringing together a diverse group of specialists and state-of-the-art facilities, to provide the highest quality procedures, treatments and patient experience for private, insured and NHS patients.
The Centre was established in 2009 as part of a joint venture between a group of regional consultants and the global hospital company, Ramsay Health Care. The Westbourne Centre is a fast paced growing organisation in an ever changing healthcare industry.
This role will work as part of our current Reception team to support the high standard of patient care delivered throughout The Centre.
What you'll do
- Greeting patients on arrival, checking them into the correct clinics and ensuring they receive and have filled out the correct paperwork.
- Ensuring the data we hold for patients is accurate and updating records where required.
- Taking payments and maintaining accurate accounting records.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy waiting area.
- Liaising with consultants regarding their clinics.
- Working with the outpatient, theatre and dental teams to create a smooth journey for each patient.
- Answering general enquiries via telephone and transferring relevant calls to different departments.
- General administrative support for the day to day running of The Centre.
The role will cover a staff member on a temporary secondment so will only be required for a fixed term. Flexibility is essential to cover shift patterns from 7am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and Saturday 8am to 4pm. For those looking at part time hours, flexibility is essential to cover periods of holiday or absence.
What you'll bring with you
- Experience working in a healthcare setting.
- Excellent customer service skills, with professional and empathetic telephone manner.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
- Good IT skills and knowledge including experience in the use of Microsoft applications and databases.
- Ability to work under pressure, sometimes to short deadlines.
- Well organised, conscientious and reliable, focused on attention to detail.
- Good commercial awareness.
In return we offer
- Competitive salary plus enhancements where eligible
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Free onsite parking
- Access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
The Centre has one operating theatre, offering surgery under local anaesthetic with or without sedation for self-pay, insured and NHS patients. Over 30 consultants use the operating theatre, covering a range of specialities including cosmetic surgery, orthopaedics, general surgery, vascular surgery and ophthalmology.
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory standard Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service. The post will be offered in line with our probationary policy.
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.