Winfield Hospital are looking for a Sterile Services Technician to join the team. In this role you will be an integral part of a team who are committed to delivering the highest quality clinical outcomes in a supported environment, where you will be valued for your skills and expertise.
The Sterile Services Department (SSD) is an essential part of our surgical service ensuring that instruments needed for operations are properly sterilised and maintained, and that the risk of patient infections is minimised. The successful candidate will work within a small team of experienced SSD staff and alongside our wider operating theatre team.
The department is operational Monday – Sunday, with a 5 day working shift pattern (0800 – 1600 and 1200 – 2000) therefore there is a requirement for a flexible approach to rostering and the ability to work a full range of shifts including weekends and bank holidays.
What you’ll bring with you
Decontamination Technicians will bring a minimum of 2 years’ experience as an apprentice/trainee decontamination technician or achievement of a recognised decontamination qualification (NVQ/TVQ/Technical certificate)
Trainee Apprenticeships considered for successful candidates who show good aptitude but who have no experience within decontamination, however they must have GCSE or equivalent pass in maths and English, basic IT skills, and be willing to undergo TVQ certificate to progress to technician
- The ability to make decisions and use initiative
- Strong communication skill
- Passion to deliver excellent care in a rewarding and what can be emotionally challenging environment
- A flexible and positive attitude
- (Half day sessions available to view department and working processes)
Also, Ramsay Health Care UK are excited to announce a new partnership in the delivery of Decontamination Apprenticeships - if you do not have prior experience but are interested in an apprenticeship please apply with a cover note on the first page of your CV stating your reasons for wanting to join Ramsay Health Care UK and why this particular career.
What we give back to you
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Free onsite parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
- Free DBS checking
- Long service, Employee recognition and appreciation awards
- Hospital bonus / employee incentive scheme
Winfield Hospital is one of Gloucestershire's leading private hospitals, located on the outskirts of the City of Gloucester. The hospital opened in 1992 and currently has 39 beds including thirty four single rooms all with en-suite facilities. The completion of an extensive £1.5 million refurbishment a few years ago and investment in advanced medical technology ensures Winfield Hospital retains its reputation for delivering high quality care in a clean and friendly environment.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Winfield Hospital is committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.