BANK Endoscopy Nurse
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Bank Endoscopy Nurse to join our team and provide clinical support to the department lead.
To provide quality planned care across the endoscopy patient pathway, supporting and assisting the Endoscopy Lead in the organisation of care provision within the endoscopy department.
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
- ILS or ALS
- Experience in endoscopy setting/qualification in endoscopy and decontamination.
- Knowledge of external bodies and appropriate standards such as care quality commissions, Joint Advisory Group, Global Rating Scale, British Society of Gastroenterology and HTM 01-06.
- Previous experience in therapeutic endoscopy including ‘on call bleed service’.
- Proficient use of PC and specialist use of endoscopy software and system.
- Flexible, punctual, reliable and adaptable.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in and as part of team.
- Experience of applying reasoning skills across a range of skills including clinical and decontamination.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly and effectively.
- Support the team to deliver best quality Care.
- Demonstrate Compassion based upon empathy, respect and dignity.
- Maintain and develop own Competence through continuous professional development, knowledge base and skills.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all members of team including patient and those involved in care of patient.
- Show Commitment to improve care and patient experience.
- Ensure Courage is demonstrated by speaking up for patients safety and act as an advocate for safeguarding patients.
- Work within own scope of practice and know limitations.
- Adhere to Ramsay’s policy for decontamination of flexible endoscopes.
- Preserve a safe environment for the safe delivery of endoscopy and flexible endoscope decontamination.
- Maintain, prevent and control infection to all staff, patients and visitors when working in endoscopy and decontamination.
- Participate in the safe delivery of the endoscopy patient pathway. Understand contraindications of endoscopy and to deal with situations pre, intra and post endoscopy.
- Assist team and consultant during endoscopy procedure.
- Monitor patient’s condition during procedure ensuring pain, anxiety and level of consciousness remain in safe measures. Take appropriate action if complications arise.
- Prepare and administer drugs/fluids and monitor patient in line with Ramsay Policy.
- Ensure safe monitored care is given at all times and written documentation is done clearly in a timely manner.
- Escalate any cause for concern or complaints appropriately. Reporting any incidents to Riskman and endoscopy lead.
- Comply and implement Ramsay Policies, SOP’S and procedures at all times.
- Ensure mandatory training is fully compliant and upto date.
In return you will get:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Ongoing training
- Free Car Parking
- Subsidised Restaurant
West Midlands Hospital is a leading private Hospital which offers the highest standards of clinical and personal care across a multitude of specialities for private patients, insured patients and patients referred through the NHS. Set in pleasant grounds at Colman Hill which is conveniently located on the outskirts of Halesowen, only three miles from junction 3 of the M5 and 10 miles from Birmingham city centre. Our team of highly experienced consultants deliver a wide range of surgeries and treatments and some of our key specialties include Cosmetic , Hip and Knee , Spinal, Eye, Hernia, Foot and Ankle and Urology Services. We also have a dedicated Physiotherapy department which offers a comprehensive programme of treatments for patients and supports them with their rehabilitation process.
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Standard/Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
West Midlands Hospital is committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.
We reserve the right to close this advert down early if we receive a high number of applications.