Woodland Hospital are looking for their next Theatre Manager. We are looking for an experienced Theatre Manager (RN/ODP) to lead the team of staff in our Theatre department. You will provide clear direction and leadership to all theatre staff, whilst supporting the initiatives of the hospital. The role is responsible for development, motivation, and performance of the Theatre Team, including the achieving and upholding of CQC Standards.
Our Theatre Department has four laminar flow theatres, operating 6 days’ a week, covering a diverse range of elective services including Orthopaedic, General Surgery, Weight Loss Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery, Urology, Gynaecology, ENT and Ophthalmology.
This is a fantastic role for a skilled Theatre Manager (RN/ODP) to work as part of a successful, multi-disciplinary team.
This is a full-time role (37.5hrs per week), you will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
To succeed in this role you will need experience working within an operating theatre, NMC registered RN Adult or HCPC registered ODP. You will also have evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically and managerially.
What you'll do
- Provide strong clinical leadership to our multi disciplinary theatre department, assuming overall accountability for clinical effectiveness and operational management in order to deliver the highest quality perioperative care
- Actively contribute to service development, policies and strategies, plus identifying opportunities
- Support individuals and teams to deliver high quality, clinically effective patient care through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation
- Build strong relationships with consultants, hospital senior team, a wide range of healthcare professionals and patients.
- Work collaboratively with consultants, ensuring patients benefit from the best possible treatment and care
- Support operational requirements of the Theatre as required
- Business management, budget management, business planning and development, audits and clinical governance, infection prevention, health and safety plus risk analysis
What you'll bring with you
- Registered clinical practitioner with the appropriate governing body (NMC/HCPC).
- You will be experienced in managing a busy theatre environment
- Ideally, your wide-ranging skills will include teaching and assessment, as well as ILS/ALS.
- A professional management qualification would also be an advantage.
What we give back to you
Ramsay provides generous benefits to all staff including; contributory pension scheme, an in house academy for progression in your career, 25 days’ annual leave plus a buy/sell offering, flexible working and shift options, private healthcare and life assurance, free parking and subsided food costs, access to our corporate employee discount programme and a strong in house wellbeing centre for 24/7 employee assistance.
Woodland Hospital in Kettering has four laminar flow theatres, operating 6 days’ a week, covering a diverse range of elective services including Orthopaedic, General Surgery, Weight Loss Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery, Urology, Gynaecology, ENT and Ophthalmology.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success. Click here to find out more.
For more information on this role please email Lucy Dickson, Recruitment Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.