Deputy Theatre Manager
The Cherwell Hospital
As a key member of the Senior Clinical Team, the Deputy Theatre Manager will be integral to the delivery of the strategic vision and plan for the hospital, as well as accountable for the customer & stakeholder outcomes. You will have key responsibilities to include line management lead practitioners as well as acting as the theatre manager in their absence.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong track record of leading and developing a high performing team to enhance patient care and customer experience, whilst facilitating the best possible clinical outcomes. A commitment to the development of high quality evidence based acute care is essential, combined with the tenacity and passion required to drive commercial success in a rapidly changing healthcare environment. Reporting directly to the Theatre Manager with a dotted line to the Head of Clinical Services, you will be expected to project manage and deliver on key initiatives.
What you’ll bring with you:
- A strong clinical background within a hospital setting
- Previous Theatre leadership experience
- Professional Registration with the NMC/HCPC
- Leadership and management skills to enable effective controls for the monitoring and management of the nursing, ODP and HCA staff, to deliver effective action plans for continuous skills improvement
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders both internally within Ramsay Health Care and externally e.g. consultants, suppliers, local NHS Trusts
- Experience of managing a high performing teams, through effective monitoring of KPI’s
- Competent in the deployment of resources needed to sustain agreed activity levels
- Able to build effective controls for the efficient monitoring and management of clinical records
- Able to install positivity into the team and work together and support all staff members
- Attractive salary package with enhancements of 50% where eligible
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays plus the opportunity to buy/sell more
- Flexible shift options
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free uniform
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
The Cherwell Hospital, located in Banbury, Oxfordshire was purpose built in 2006 and has been designed to combine an exceptional standard of patient accommodation with the technical equipment and facilities that modern medicine demands.
The Hospital has a 40-bed inpatient unit, consisting of single or twin rooms and a day case facility. All rooms which have twin beds are single sex units ensuring privacy and dignity at all times. The Hospital is equipped to undertake a large range of procedures, treatments and investigations.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success. Click here to find out more.
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.