Sister/Charge Nurse –Ambulatory
Ramsay Health Care UK is expanding with a brand new state of the art Day Case & Diagnostic facility in Buckshaw Village, and with the expansion comes opportunity. Right now we are looking for a Head of Clinical Service to join our growing team in the North West
The successful candidate will have current NMC registration, good management experience in a similar role, with proven ability to lead a team and develop nursing services. With excellent organisational and communication skills they will also be required to manage the day to day operational running of the Ambulatory unit while ensuring high standards of care for all patients throughout their stay.
The successful applicant will be able to evidence previous leadership experience and passion to deliver excellent clinical and customer care, with clear commitment to efficient team working demonstrating effective communication/interpersonal skills to support the commercial success of the business.
The successful applicant must have experience in developing clinical services and the skills required to educate and support junior staff to deliver clinical care competently. We are looking for a candidate who has innovative ideas and supports the Ambulatory unit team in achieving ‘Outstanding’ in every CQC domain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate outstanding clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
- Clinically Shift Lead.
- Lead on key Quality Governance areas to evidence safe, effective care i.e Infection Prevention, Clinical Effectiveness, Audit, Resuscitation, Blood Transfusion.
- Identify best practices and apply to Day Care and Service Delivery i.e NICE Guidance, NCEPOD.
- Prioritise workloads and direct staff accordingly.
- Make efficient use of available resources with regard to budgetary constraints and business objectives.
- Assess, plan and evaluate care, based on individual patient and family needs
- Promote MDT working to maximise effectiveness of service delivery, the team includes Consultants, Allied Health Professionals, RMO, Nurses, Healthcare Assistants, and Administration Staff.
- Evaluate the work of the team and ensure standards are met.
- Ensure clinical audit and quality assessment procedures are undertaken to assess the quality of care delivery
- Continually seek to develop clinical skills and delivery of care to meet service users expectation
- Risk assessment and management, ensuring a safe environment for patients, visitors, staff and colleague.
- Support and act as role model for junior staff a learning environment, assessing training needs and ensuring these are met.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order and meets the needs of the department
- Assist the Department Manager in maintaining accurate patient records and staff competencies.
What you’ll bring with you:
- A strong clinical background from acute hospital settings.
- NMC- Registered General Nurse
- ALS / ILS
- IV Skills Certificate
- A commitment to the delivery of customer focussed services.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- A proven track record and evidence of successfully delivering a change agenda to enhance quality and efficiency.
- Significant exposure in a senior clinical role to external stakeholders such as Consultants, and the broader health care community.
- Evidence of leading and developing a successful, efficient team and being part of that team.
- Experience and confidence in effectively meeting compliance to the Governance Framework.
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant legal and professional care/practice standards and evidence of supporting ongoing professional development in Nursing Practice.
- Competitive Salary plus enhancements where eligible up to 50%
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Free parking
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
Building has commenced on a brand new state-of-the-art day surgery & diagnostic facility at Matrix Park, Buckshaw Village in Chorley which will provide services for NHS, insured and self pay patients within the local community and further afield. The new facility will be an extension of services offered by Fulwood Hall Hospital and Euxton Hall Hospital, which are part of the Ramsay Health Care Group and are located close to the new hospital
The new day surgery hospital is due to be completed in July 2021 and will provide care across a range of specialities including breast, gynaecology, general surgery, orthopaedic and urology. The new facility includes an outpatient department, a day case theatre and purpose built endoscopy and physiotherapy units. It will also provide multi-modality diagnostic services including a static MRI and CT scanner. In addition, the facility has eighty car parking spaces and eight electric car charging stations.
This major development will also create new employment opportunities in the local area, with approximately 70 vacancies in nursing, nursing support, clinical, administration and support services, with many opportunities for training and professional development.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“People caring for people” is Ramsay Health Care’s slogan and “The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people are our most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.