Berkshire Independent Hospital
We are currently seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated Radiographer to join our team. This will be a varied and challenging role for the right candidate based at 37.5 hours per week. Duties will include all aspects of general radiography.
The department is open from Monday to Friday and evening shifts will be offered. You may be required to work some unsociable hours and participate in the on call rota covering evenings and weekends.
Our Radiology Department provides the following services:
- Computed Radiography X-Ray room including leg alignment equipment.
- Image intensifiers for theatres
Details of the position:
- As a key member of the department, you will support the Radiology Manager in the provision of radiology services such as Perform QC / QA tests on Radiological equipment, in line with the local QC programme, deliver any Radiation Protection updates, training and audits and assist in completion of audits and implementation of action plans.
- You will have key relationships with the hospitals departments and will be interacting with Consultants on a daily basis so excellent organisational and communication skills are essential.
- As a Radiographer you will be part of a close knit innovative team. The successful applicant will have an enthusiastic out look to ensure the delivery of a high imaging service.
- The role will include some non-clinical responsibilities such as PACS/IEP administration, ordering stock, booking patient appointments and answering telephone enquiries.
- The candidate will need to have excellent communication skills, good attention to detail and be flexible with their work patterns to support the changing needs of the business
- The candidate will need to provide high quality individualised imaging services for patients, being sensitive to patients needs for dignity and privacy
- You must have a Diploma from the College of Radiographers or hold a BSc in Radiology and be registered with the HCPC. You must demonstrate strong customer service skills.
In return, we offer the successful candidate:
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 Bank holidays
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Ongoing training and development
- Free parking & subsidised staff restaurant
The Berkshire Independent Hospital is a private hospital set in pleasant grounds. It consists of three operating theatres and an Endoscopy unit which performs a large variety of surgery, orthopaedics being one our main areas. It is supported by full diagnostic services MRI and X-ray and Physiotherapy.
Ramsay Health Care UK is one of the leading providers of NHS and private patient services in England, with a network of over 30 acute hospitals and Treatment Centres.
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Ramsay is committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.