Senior Staff Nurse
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and innovative Senior Staff Nurse in the Endoscopy Department at the Yorkshire Clinic. If you are ready to take on the next step in your nursing carer where you will gain leadership skills and enhance your clinical skills this role is for you. The successful candidate will have current NMC registration, with excellent organisational and communication skills you will be required to deliver care and services to patients and their families using best practice standards which is based on evidence and research. You will work with the wider multidisciplinary team to drive quality care that meets individual patient care needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate outstanding clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
- Clinically Shift Lead the department in the absence of the Department Manager.
- Take on link roles i.e Infection Prevention, Clinical Effectiveness, Audit.
- Prioritise workloads and deliver high standards of care at all times.
- Assess, plan and evaluate care, based on individual patient and family needs
- Work with the MDT to maximise effectiveness of service delivery, the team includes Consultants, Allied Health Professionals, RMO, Nurses, Healthcare. assistants, and Administration Staff.
- Evaluate the work of the team and ensure standards are met, support junior staff.
- Continually seek to develop clinical skills and delivery of care to meet service users expectation
- Risk assessment and management, ensuring a safe environment for patients, visitors, staff and colleagues.
- Support and act as role model for junior staff a learning environment, assessing training needs and ensuring these are met.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order and meets the needs of the department
What you’ll bring with you:
- NMC- Registered General Nurse
- ILS Certificate
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- A strong clinical background from a hospital settings.
- A commitment to the delivery of customer focussed services.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Experience and confidence in effectively meeting compliance to the Governance Framework.
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant legal and professional care/practice standards and evidence of supporting ongoing professional development in Nursing Practice.
- Endoscopy nursing skills essential.
- Competitive salary plus enhancements where eligible up to 50%
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Free onsite parking
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
The Yorkshire Clinic provides care and services for elective surgical patients within a broad range of surgical specialities from Urology, Gynaecology, Colorectal, Orthopaedic, ENT, General Surgery, Cosmetics and Plastics. We also have some Medical patients.
The successful applicant will be able to evidence previous experience in surgical/medical nursing in the acute setting and have a passion to deliver excellent clinical and customer care. The applicant will have a clear commitment to efficient team working demonstrating effective communication/interpersonal skills to support the commercial success of the business.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success.
For further information or an informal conversation about the role, please contact Senior Sister Gemma King email@example.com All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.