An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for an experienced and highly motivated Endoscopy Nurse/ODP to work on our busy Endoscopy Department, working on a full-time basis (37.5 hours per week) on a flexible departmental rota including weekends if required. FIXED TERM 1 YEAR
The Endoscopy Lead will report to the Endoscopy Manager and provide strong leadership, direction and operational and clinical support to the Endoscopy team.
If you are looking for your next move and want to join a friendly team with a real sense of community within the working environment, then look no further!
What you’ll bring with you
- You will be a Registered Practitioner (HCPC/NMC) with a recognised endoscopy qualification
- Have strong experience in Gastroenterology
- Have evidence of endoscopy decontamination training
- Good understanding of compiling reports and using IT systems
- It would be ideal if you bring previous experience in achieving JAG accreditation and previous leadership experience
What you’ll do
- Lead and organise the activities of the Endoscopy Unit on a day to day basis
- Deliver an effective and efficient Endoscopy Services to all patients
- Act as the Clinical Expert within the Endoscopy area and ensure the unit is in line with all quality standards
- Ensure all required decontamination records are maintained
- Work alongside the managers to ensure staffing levels and rotas are kept up to date
- Maintain JAG accreditation including completion of audits and reports and ensuring six monthly GRS audits take place and improvements recorded
- Organise repairs and service contracts for the technical equipment
What we offer
- Competitive rate of pay in accordance to experience and clinical skills
- Enhancements for unsocial hours (50% enhancement on Saturdays, 50% enhancement on Sundays)
- Ramsay scholarship fund available to support the continued academic learning for staff
- Ramsay benefits scheme
- Full induction support and mentorship will be provided
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free parking and subsidised staff restaurant
- Long service award (every 5 years £75 voucher, 10 years £150, continuing upwards)
- Life Assurance (3 x annual salary paid to who every you choose)
- Excellent ongoing paid training and development opportunities
Woodthorpe Hospital has provided healthcare services to the people of Nottingham since 1877. Conveniently located towards the north of Nottingham city centre. The hospital offers private and NHS services to the population of Nottingham and beyond and has an excellent reputation for high standards of care and customer service.
Woodthorpe hospital serves the community of Nottingham and our dedicated team are very proud of its Care Quality Commission rating of ‘Good’ across all five domains of the Fundamental Standards of Care; Well Led, Caring, Safe, Effective and Responsive to people’s needs. Although ‘Good’ is excellent our aim is to achieve the standard of ‘Outstanding’ during our next inspection.
For more information on this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers of employment in respect of these appointments will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service.