Bank Endoscopy Decontamination Technician
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated individuals who have already worked within the field of decontamination of re-usable medical devices for at least 2 years, or who have completed a recognised decontamination course (NVQ/TVQ/Technical Certificate).
For those looking for progression we offer training and development including the opportunity to undertake the IDSc Technical Certificate. We are looking for people to develop their careers with us, so if you feel you need to move forward with a fresh start, come and meet the team for an informal visit.
The successful applicant must have:
- Experience as a decontamination technician within a health care setting
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Good computer skills (MS Office package)
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Willingness to work the occasional night shift once competence is achieved
Key responsibilities include:
- Performing the full decontamination cycle on re-usable medical devices (surgical instruments) to the highest of standards, in line within all Ramsay policies and procedures
- Participate fully in quality control processes ensuring procedures and documentation is completed accurately at all times
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary Plus Enhancements (if eligible)
- Free on-site Parking
- Uniform provided
Beacon Park Hospital is located in Stafford and is an extension to Rowley Hall Hospital. Rowley Hall Hospital is located one mile from the centre of Stafford. For those who haven’t visited it, it is a beautiful converted and extended listed building and has been operating as a hospital since 1987. However, the Hospital is set in a constrained, land locked residential location and having explored a number of workable solutions to expand theatre capacity and address other limitations such as parking and MR/CT access we felt the best was to invest significantly and build a brand new site to work alongside this – Beacon Park Hospital.
Both Hospitals are only 3 miles apart (10 mins by car)
The day surgery facility, which opened in May 2020, will provide services for private, insured and NHS patients within the local community and further afield. The new facility will include a theatre and recovery area, six day-patient pods, three outpatient consulting rooms, two pre-assessment rooms and a minor treatment room offering treatment for pain management, urology, endoscopy and ophthalmology (eye care).
This major development will also create new employment opportunities in the local area, with approximately 70 vacancies in nursing, nursing support, clinical, administration and support services, with many opportunities for training and professional development.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“People caring for people” is Ramsay Health Care’s slogan and “The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people are our most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.