Decontamination Technician - Endoscopy
Right now we have an opportunity for a Decontamination Technician to join our Endoscopy department here at Beacon Park Hospital.
• The safe collection and handling of potentially infected surgical instrumentation prior to decontamination.
• Carrying out the decontamination process of preparation, cleaning, inspection and disinfection and sterilization of surgical instrumentation.
• Re-distributing the decontaminated instruments sets and procedure packs to operating theatres, hospital department and external customers.
• Observation of all departmental work instructions, procedures, regulations and guidelines with regards to the sterile services Quality Management System
What you’ll bring with you:
• A basic understanding of Ramsay Hospital/Sterile Services procedures is desirable
• Good customer service skills and Good communication skills
• Ability to work under your own initiative and as part of a team member and to meet tight deadlines
• Positive, flexible and co-operative approach
• Desirable-NVQ in decontamination but not essential as training will be giving and an opportunity in working towards a recognised qualification in IDSc (Institute of Decontamination Sciences)
• Flexibility to be able to working shift patterns including weekends
• Competitive Salary plus enhancements where eligible
• Contributory pension scheme
• Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
• 25 days + 8 days bank holiday annual leave
• Flexible shift options
• Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
• Free onsite parking
• Access to our employee Discount Programme
• Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
Beacon Park Hospital is a day-case hospital that provides first class private healthcare for patients with health insurance, patients who self-pay or NHS patients. The hospital opened in 2020 and has invested in the latest advanced medical technology.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“People caring for people” is Ramsay Health Care’s slogan and “The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people are our most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check