Catering Assistant - 30 hours a week
Berkshire Independent Hospital
Berkshire Independent Hospital, part of the Ramsay Health Care Group are looking for an enthusiastic Catering Assistant to join our team.
Reporting to the Catering Supervisor you will provide a high standard of catering service, as part of the support services team. Experience is not essential as we will provide all training necessary for the position although it will benefit you if you’ve worked previously in a fast paced environment to high standards.
If this is you and you possess excellent communication and customer service skills, you are looking for a challenge. Be versatile and not afraid to take on additional challenges as you develop in this key role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To obtain food and beverage orders from patients, staff and visitors to the hospital
- To assist in the preparation and service of food to patients, staff and visitors to the hospital
- To clean on a daily basis all areas of the catering department to the agreed standard
- To have a good understanding of current health and hygiene regulations, and ensure that these are adhered to in the preparation and service of all foodstuffs
- Preparing breakfast and assisting the chefs
The ideal candidate will have:
- A willingness to work positively with a team to achieve team goals and excellence in service delivery
- Possess Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate for Catering (if not already held company funded training must be undertaken)
- Outstanding professional customer service and inter-personal skills
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Attention to detail
- Competitive Salary plus enhancements where eligible
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 Bank holidays plus the opportunity to buy/sell more
- Flexible shift options
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
- Free offsite parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
- Free Uniform
The Berkshire Independent Hospital is a private hospital set in pleasant grounds. It consists of three operating theatres and an Endoscopy unit which perform a large variety of surgery, orthopaedics being one our main areas. It is supported by full diagnostic services MRI and X-ray and Physiotherapy.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success.
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Berkshire Independent Hospital Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all