Scanning / Administrator – Bank Contract - 10-20 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for operational bank staff to join our expanding team at The Westbourne Centre, Birmingham. The role has been created to support the implementation of a new electronic patient record system, and to assist with the increase in scanning requirements of medical records.
The Westbourne Centre is an independent medical centre based in Birmingham’s Edgbaston Medical Quarter, bringing together a diverse group of specialists and state-of-the-art facilities, to provide the highest quality procedures, treatments and patient experience for private, insured and NHS patients. The Centre was established in 2009 as part of a joint venture between a group of regional consultants and the global hospital company, Ramsay Health Care.
This role is to support the implementation and ongoing utilisation of a new digital Patient Administration System. The successful candidate will work under the guidance of the Medical Records Administrator, supporting all Hospital departments in the maintenance of complete, accurate and timely patient record keeping, ensuring continuation of the high standard of patient care delivered across The Centre. The administrative tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Scanning documentation to the PAS.
- Ensuring that scanning of all documents across the hospital, covering all departments is completed within the appropriate time scale.
- Auditing the scanned documentation on the PAS to ensure it is legible, accurate and logged against the correct records.
- Working with different departments and different departmental staff to ensure there is enough resource allocated to scanning in each department on a weekly and monthly basis.
- General administrative support for the day to day running of the bookings and associated processes.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
- Good IT skills and knowledge including experience in the use of Microsoft applications and databases.
- Ability to work under pressure, sometimes to short deadlines.
- Well organised, conscientious and reliable, focused on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excited by the challenge of working in a new job role that will evolve as the business continues to grow.
- Excellent customer service skills, with professional and empathetic telephone manner.
Please note that the role will involve some heavy lifting and filing at different height levels.
- Competitive rate of pay plus enhancements where eligible
- Flexible shift options
- Free onsite parking
- Access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
The Centre has one operating theatre, offering surgery under local anaesthetic with or without sedation for self-pay, insured and NHS patients. Over 30 consultants use the operating theatre, covering a range of specialities including cosmetic surgery, orthopaedics, general surgery, vascular surgery and ophthalmology. The Centre also houses 4 dental suites accommodating general dental services, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics and restorative dentistry.
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Hours of business at The Westbourne Centre are 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am -4pm on a Saturday.
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.