Hotel Services Assistant/Housekeeper
We are looking to increase our team of Hotel Services Assistant's. You will have good communication skills, be able to work as part of a team and interact with patients and staff, whilst providing an excellent support service. The role is varied and you may be asked to work in our restaurant, serving and preparing food or alongside our housekeeping team, making sure the patient rooms are prepared to the highest standards, giving our patients an outstanding experience whilst in our care.
You should be flexible with regard to your working pattern which may involve working evenings and weekends.
Previous experience within a hospital environment is not essential, as full training will be provided.
We are looking for:
- A warm, considerate and empathetic character
- The ability to make decisions and use your initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Passion to deliver excellent care in a rewarding and what can be emotionally challenging environment
- A flexible and positive attitude
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 Bank holidays plus the opportunity to buy/sell more
- Overtime paid at time and a half for all full time contracts
- Hourly rate enhancements for work in the evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Free offsite parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
- Free uniform
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
- Free DBS checking
- Long service, Employee recognition and appreciation awards
Ashtead Hospital is part of the Ramsay Health Care Group and is a highly respected private hospital with a reputation for providing exceptional service to our patients.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.