West Valley Hospital
We are currently seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated Radiographer to join our team. This will be a varied and challenging role for the right candidate based at 37.5 hours per week. Duties will include all aspects of general radiography.
The department is open from Monday to Friday and evening shifts will be offered. You may be required to work some unsociable hours and participate in the on call rota covering evenings and weekends.
Our Radiology Department provides the following services:
- Computed Radiography X-Ray room including leg alignment equipment.
- Image intensifiers for theatres
Details of the position:
- As a key member of the department, you will support the Radiology Manager in the provision of radiology services such as Perform QC / QA tests on Radiological equipment, in line with the local QC programme, deliver any Radiation Protection updates, training and audits and assist in completion of audits and implementation of action plans.
- You will have key relationships with the hospitals departments and will be interacting with Consultants on a daily basis so excellent organisational and communication skills are essential.
- As a Radiographer you will be part of a close knit innovative team. The successful applicant will have an enthusiastic out look to ensure the delivery of a high imaging service.
- The role will include some non-clinical responsibilities such as PACS/IEP administration, ordering stock, booking patient appointments and answering telephone enquiries.
- The candidate will need to have excellent communication skills, good attention to detail and be flexible with their work patterns to support the changing needs of the business
- The candidate will need to provide high quality individualised imaging services for patients, being sensitive to patients needs for dignity and privacy
- You must have a Diploma from the College of Radiographers or hold a BSc in Radiology and be registered with the HCPC. You must demonstrate strong customer service skills.
- Competitive Salary plus enhancements where eligible
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 Bank holidays plus the opportunity to buy/sell more
- Flexible shift options
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
- Free offsite parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
- Free Uniform
West Valley Hospital is a modern day-case facility with a contemporary design and in an ideal location for patients to travel to and from both West and East Croydon Rail Station, Croydon Bus Interchange and the main Tram Interchange. The hospital is also located closely to the local NHS Trust with Croydon University Hospital less than a mile away.
We are situated in West Croydon, on the 9th Floor of the Interchange Building, an ideal location for transport links for access by patients and staff. The Unit has been completed to a high specification with its Modern and Contemporary design it enjoys the benefits of up to date modern technology with private parking.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success. Click here to find out more.
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
West Valley Hospital Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all