Staff Nurse - Wards
Berkshire Independent Hospital
Right now we have an opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our team at Berkshire Independent Hospital, Reading.
Working as part of the wider clinical team to provide a high standard of efficient, individualised patient care. A strong communicator with exceptional standards for customer service standards. Adhering to all of Ramsay’s policies and procedures to ensure the best possible clinical outcomes for patients.
The service provides 7 day cover and therefore individuals will be required to work flexibly.
This vacancy is covering 37.5 hours per week and will include the cover of day and night shifts.
What you’ll bring with you:
- Current NMC registration
- Clinical experience in a surgical environment
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the business
- A passion for delivering an excellent patient-focus service
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Commitment to your own professional development
- NVQ Assessors Award
- Mentorship course
- Competitive Salary plus enhancements where eligible
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 Bank holidays plus the opportunity to buy/sell more
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
- Subsidised Staff Restaurant
- Free staff parking
- Free Uniform
The Berkshire Independent Hospital is a private hospital set in pleasant grounds. It consists of three operating theatres and an Endoscopy unit which performs a large variety of surgery, orthopeadics being one our main areas. It is supported by full diagnostic services MRI and X-ray and Physiotherapy.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success. Click here to find out more.
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
At Ramsay, we are committed to equal opportunities and embrace diversity across our workforce. We have a strong values based culture and recognise that the skill and commitment of our employees form the basis of our success.