We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Housekeeping Team Leader to join us at West Midlands Hospital. Whilst ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained across the Hospital you will be responsible for monitoring /supporting of our Housekeeping team.
You will work with your teams providing a range of duties that will include: Maintaining the required standards of cleanliness by following correct policies, procedures and frequencies. Undertaking a variety of cleaning duties in line with the ward/area/location cleaning schedules (may include operating specialist cleaning equipment), Carrying out specialist cleaning and one off cleaning duties in line with the Supervisors requirements. Ensuring that there is a general, pleasant and well maintained environment for patients & visitors.
You will increase individual and team effectiveness, with the ability to use a degree of initiative to prioritise and organise daily duties, whilst maintaining a professional approach at all times regardless of the situation.
This is a challenging but rewarding role and would be ideally suited to a motivated team player. Supervisory experience is desirable along with good levels of English and Mathematics’. Previous experience in a Housekeeping is essential and knowledge of COSHH and infection control is also desirable.
What you’ll bring with you
- City and Guilds 706/1 and 706/2 or equivalent NVQS
- Strong understanding of Health & Safety and COSHH regulations
- Ability to undertaking regular audits ensuring the health and safety of all customers and visitors using our facilities
- Ability to oversee day to day operations of the team and to support colleagues when required, including new starters
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the business
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave (+ bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy/sell more
- Flexible shift options
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Free onsite parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
- Free uniform
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
West Midlands Hospital is one of the West Midland's leading private hospitals set in 3.5 acres of pleasant grounds at Colman Hill, Halesowen, ten miles from Birmingham City Centre. Operating since 1988 the hospital has 29 private bedrooms, all with en-suite facilities.
By investing in advanced medical technology, the hospital offers a wide range of treatments and services. We have two theatres one with Lamina flow, and cover a wide range of surgical specialities; these include Orthopaedics, General surgery, Gynaecology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Cosmetic and urology. We also have a separate endoscopy suite.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success. Click here to find out more.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.