The Cherwell Hospital is looking for a Theatre Manager/Day Case Lead
Who we are…
You may have heard of The Cherwell Hospital, a purpose built private hospital with exceptional facilities, patient accommodation, technical equipment that modern medicine and care demands. Our patient experience is amongst the best in the region and we are constantly looking at ways of enhancing the experience and outcomes for our patients. And, by the way, we are rated GOOD with the CQC.
WE WOULD LOVE THE OPPORTUNITY OF WORKING TOGETHER!
Be a part of our Senior Team
We are looking for an experienced Theatre Manager/Day Case Lead. The ideal candidate will have experience in Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Ophthalmic and Urology.
We have countless possibilities. We’re looking for people who are as inspired by change, ambitious and determined to succeed as we are.
Reporting to the Head of Clinical Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Operating Theatre services and the Day Case Unit for the hospital, to include provision of all sterile instruments and consumables, ensuring safe practises to all stakeholders.
The successful candidate must be highly motivated and able to work flexible hours (Monday -Friday), including weekend cover.
In addition to your strong clinical skills, you will possess:
- ODP level 3 / RN (1)
- At least 3 years previous leadership experience within a theatre department
- Immediate Life Support
- Strong clinical background in Day Surgery/Ambulatory Care
- Understanding of the Care Quality Commission requirements
The following are desirable:
- Recognized management qualification e.g. Diploma in Management
- Previous private sector experience
- ENB 998 or equivalent
Key performance criteria / operational responsibilities include:
- Ensure good working knowledge of the AFPP standards and practice and ensure the team works to those
- Ensure all Clinical Governance issues are addressed, eg: through incident reporting, National Joint Registry, and new services and staff introduced safely
- Ensure all equipment/environment maintained to meet the Health and Safety requirements
- Achieve Ramsay KPIs and financial budget
- Effective and efficient use of resource in the management of both Theatres and the Day Case Unit
- Works with the Pre-Assessment team to ensure appropriate patients are identified for ambulatory care
- Ensures efficient joined-up pathway from reception to discharge
- Participates in clinical effectiveness committee reviews and completes actions where necessary.
- Meets Ramsay audit requirements for Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations by ensuring all receive relevant training.
- Takes action on results from Consultant Satisfaction Surveys.
- Takes action on results from Environmental audits.
For exceptional candidates we will be able to offer you the remuneration and enhancements you would expect from one of the largest private healthcare providers in the UK.
The Cherwell Hospital is part of the Ramsay Health Care group and provides clinical care to both private, insured and NHS patients. It has a 40-bed inpatient unit and day case facility, and is equipped to undertake a large range of procedures, treatments and investigations. We have three theatres and three separate anaesthetic rooms, with a sterile services department on site. We are undergoing service development with a new ophthalmic day care unit opening next year
Ramsay Health Care UK is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England, with a network of over 30 acute hospitals & Treatment Centres. These provide a wide and comprehensive range of efficient clinical specialities.
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.
The Cherwell Hospital
Oxford Road, Banbury, Oxfordshire OX16 9FG