An opportunity has arisen to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and energetic Health Care Assistant to join our busy team on the wards at Woodthorpe Hospital.
We are looking for a highly skilled an dynamic individual who is willing to work 37.5 hours per week and has the enthusiasm and commitment to provide exceptional standards of care for our patients. It is essential the successful candidate is computer literate with a good grasp of English and communication skills with a focus on customer service. The applicant should have previous experience within a healthcare environment and a passion to learn in a busy working environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Hospital experience
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to prioritize own workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills able to communicate effectively with consultants, colleagues, patients and visitors on a day to day basis
- NVQ level 2
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the business
- Demonstrated Customer Service skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Free onsite parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
- Long service, Employee recognition and appreciation awards
- Hospital bonus / employee incentive scheme
Woodthorpe Hospital has provided healthcare services to the people of Nottingham since 1877. Conveniently located towards the north of Nottingham city centre. The hospital offers private and NHS services to the population of Nottingham and beyond and has an excellent reputation for high standards of care and customer service.
Woodthorpe hospital serves the community of Nottingham and our dedicated team are very proud of its Care Quality Commission rating of ‘Good’ across all five domains of the Fundamental Standards of Care; Well Led, Caring, Safe, Effective and Responsive to people’s needs. Although ‘Good’ is excellent our aim is to achieve the standard of ‘Outstanding’ during our next inspection.
All offers of employment in respect of these appointments will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service.