Berkshire Independent Hospital
Working as part of the Support Services Team to undertake a range of general and ad hoc tasks on a day to day basis to meet the requirements of the hospitals equipment and goods movement. You will provide a courteous service to patients, relatives, visitors requiring assistance and staff within the hospital. Undertake as required any miscellaneous ad-hoc portering requests from departments to ensure the smooth running of the Hospital. This can be a physically demanding role as you are moving heavy equipment, moving and handling training will be given. You will receive, sort and deliver mail to various departments so attention to detail is key. Ensure all waste is collected and disposed of within the agreed standards. Ensuring hygiene standards and Health and Safety regulations are complied with at all times. You will be required to comply with agreed security procedures across the hospital.
What you’ll bring with you:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the business
- Appropriate computer skills
- Previous experience in a supplies or porter role
- Competitive Salary dependent on experience.
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 Bank holidays plus the opportunity to buy/sell more
- Flexible shift options
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Free offsite parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
- Free uniform
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
- Free DBS checking
- Long service, Employee recognition and appreciation awards
The Berkshire Independent Hospital is a private hospital set in pleasant grounds. It consists of three operating theatres and an Endoscopy unit which perform a large variety of surgery, orthopaedics being one our main areas. It is supported by full diagnostic services MRI and X-ray and Physiotherapy.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success.
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Berkshire Independent Hospital Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all