We have an exciting opportunity for a Reception Team Leader to join our team at The Westbourne Centre, Birmingham, to cover maternity leave.
The Westbourne Centre is an independent medical centre based in Birmingham’s Edgbaston Medical Quarter, bringing together a diverse group of specialists and state-of-the-art facilities, to provide the highest quality procedures, treatments and patient experience for private, insured and NHS patients. The Centre was established in 2009 as part of a joint venture between a group of regional consultants and the global hospital company, Ramsay Health Care.
The Westbourne Centre is a fast paced growing organisation in an ever changing healthcare industry.
This role will work as part of our current Reception team and lead them to support the high standard of patient care delivered throughout The Centre. The receptionist support tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting patients on arrival, checking them into the correct clinics and ensuring they receive and have filled out the correct paperwork.
- Ensuring the data held for patients is accurate and updating records where required.
- Taking payments and maintaining accurate accounting records.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy waiting area.
- Liaising with consultants regarding their clinics.
- Working with the outpatient, theatre and dental teams to create a smooth journey for each patient.
- Answering general enquiries via telephone and transferring relevant calls to different departments.
- General administrative support for the day to day running of The Centre.
- As a team leader you will be responsible for managing a team of 3 Receptionists; organising the rosters; representing the team at various meetings; and ensuring the department runs as smoothly as possible.
- The role will cover a staff member on maternity leave so will only be required for a fixed term of 12 months. #
- Flexibility is essential to cover shift patterns from 7am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and Saturday 8am to 4pm.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a healthcare setting.
- Excellent customer service skills, with professional and empathetic telephone manner.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
- Good IT skills and knowledge including experience in the use of Microsoft applications and databases.
- Ability to work under pressure, sometimes to short deadlines.
- Well organised, conscientious and reliable, focused on attention to detail.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Leadership experience.
- Competitive salary plus enhancements where eligible
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Free onsite parking
- Access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
The Centre has one operating theatre, offering surgery under local anaesthetic with or without sedation for self-pay, insured and NHS patients. Over 30 consultants use the operating theatre, covering a range of specialities including cosmetic surgery, orthopaedics, general surgery, vascular surgery and ophthalmology. We also house 4 dental operating suites and 4 outpatient consulting rooms with one outpatient treatment room.
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Standard Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service. The successful candidates will be subject a 6-month probationary period.
Hours of business at The Westbourne Centre are 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am -4pm on a Saturday.
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.