We are now inviting applications for the position of Assistant Accountant within the Finance Department, based at Park Hill Hospital in Doncaster.
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody who would like to progress their career in finance and business administration. Reporting into the Finance Manager you will form part of a small team in a busy and dynamic department within the hospital. The applicant should exhibit a positive attitude and have excellent communication skills with demonstrated computer proficiency (MS Office primarily Excel). Attention to detail and accuracy is essential as is the ability to effectively time manage a busy workload.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Production of timely and accurate statistical and financial information
- Timely completion of required reports, audits and month end reconciliations
- Processing of month end journals such as accruals and prepayments
- Provide information and support to hospital departments, managers and staff as required
- Provide hands on support to the billing team when required and play a key role in monitoring and improving revenue capture processes.
- Provide support and improve cross departmental working in relation to finance and administration.
- Support the Finance Manager with NHS contract reporting, billing and reconciliation.
- Monitor aged debt reports and provide credit control support.
- Liaise with Central Finance Function on matters such as fixed asset registers, purchase ledger and payroll where required.
- Responsible for maintaining all documentation and records that are required for audit purposes or as specified by Inland Revenue policies.
Technical Skills & Application
- A good understanding of accounting processes and procedures, including double entry bookkeeping
- Confident in using Microsoft Office and computerised accounting software
- Intermediate Excels skills to include pivot tables, basic formulas and V-Lookups
- Proven ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the business
- Able to work under pressure and meet monthly deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated Customer Service skills
- Working towards the AAT qualification/equivalent
- Competitive salary dependent on skills and experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays with the opportunity to buy / sell more annual leave
- Flexible shift options
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free uniform
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
Park Hill Hospital is one of South Yorkshire's leading private hospitals with an excellent reputation for delivering high quality healthcare treatments and services.
Located in Doncaster, the hospital currently has 17 bedrooms and a four bedded day care unit all with en suite facilities.
By investing in advanced medical technology, the hospital offers a wide range of treatments and services. The fully equipped ultra clean air theatre is particularly suitable for orthopaedic procedures offered such as arthroscopy and hip and knee replacement. The day unit is suitable for minor operations.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success.
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.
Interviews to be held on the morning of Thursday 11th November 2021.