We are looking for an enthusiastic Hospital Porter to join our busy team at The Yorkshire Clinic. Our Portering team provides extraordinary standards of care and practice in a multi-specialty environment.
In the main your duties will be:
Transfer of patients across departments, managing the post room, managing all waste streams from source to collection, responsibilities for security measures locking down & opening up of the hospital.
These duties is not an exhaustive list of but is intended to reflect, and outline, the main responsibilities of the jobholder. Ramsay Health Care UK reserves the right to vary your duties from time to time or to require you to undertake additional duties in line with business needs. Note this role is within a shift pattern that involves unsociable hours of working.
You will bring with you:
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills and be confident in interacting with staff, consultants and patients.
- Have a proven ability to work effectively in a team environment but independently when required.
- Previous hospital/ Portering experience would be an advantage
- Competitive Salary plus enhancements where eligible
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Free parking
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
- Uniform provided.
The Yorkshire Clinic is one of West Yorkshire's leading private hospitals set in three acres of woodland in the grounds of Cottingley Hall near Bingley. The hospital opened in 1982 and has 57 bedrooms including one twin-bedded room all with en suite facilities.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success.