Tees Valley Hospital is a brand new state of the art hospital that opened its doors in February 2018. We are part of the Ramsay Healthcare Group. Ramsay are a global organisation offering NHS and Private healthcare in a number of specialties.
As a new and innovative department, we are looking to recruit to the position of Orthopaedic Physiotherapist to join our Physiotherapy team on a full time, contracted basis.
As an individual you must be self-motivated with a drive to succeed, learn and develop. This role would suit a Physiotherapist with an interest in both Orthopaedic outpatients and elective orthopaedic inpatients (predominantly enhanced recovery joint arthroplasty’s). At Tees Valley Hospital we treat both NHS and private patients.
The role will suit a confident, competent, independent, committed and flexible physiotherapist who has the knowledge base and skills that can be developed around the services that we offer.
The Physiotherapy team is committed to the delivery and demonstration of high standards of patient care and customer service. Our team prides itself on being highly motivated, autonomous, flexible, excellent communicators and team-workers. The Physiotherapy team have a commitment to provide high standards of care and customer service to our patients whilst maintaining high levels of patient satisfaction at every contact.
At Tees Valley Hospital we are working towards a 7-day service and are therefore looking to expand our team to assist with the weekend working rota if required. On call is not required.
Your duties will include:
- Delivering high quality physiotherapy care in a hospital setting; including the assessment, treatment, planning and development of physiotherapy treatment programmes, progressing and regressing treatment using own clinical knowledge and justification
- Use sound rationale to solve problems and treat, sometimes moderately complex, patients within scope of practice without overcomplicating matters whilst working independently
- Sound ability to use dynamic risk assessment and manual handling skills to ensure patient and environmental safety during treatment plans
- Effective planning and utilisation of assistants, prioritisation of patients to ensure timely safe discharge from the ward
- Providing patient education and advice at all stages throughout the patient journey, face to face and by telephone.
- Manage your own case load in inpatients/outpatients as applicable, time management skills, input sessional charges via computer, book patient appointments and fully utilise own computer diary.
- To act in a professional manner at all times respecting privacy, dignity and confidentiality
- High regard and implementation of health and safety procedures regarding patients, colleagues and the environment at all times
- High regard and implementation of infection control procedures at all times
- Excellent communication, customer care and customer service skills.
- A commitment to CPD, mandatory training and e-learning, evidence based practice and personal development.
- A good standard of IT literacy and willingness learn new information technology as required
- An active involvement in the day to day running of the department and service development
- Working effectively and independently as part of the Physiotherapy team and the wider multi-disciplinary team
- Basic respiratory skills
The ideal candidate MUST have:
- BSc Honours degree in Physiotherapy
- Be HCPC and CSP registered
- Experience/ evidence of working as a Physiotherapist in an Orthopaedic inpatient and MSK outpatient setting as a qualified therapist.
- Evidence of CPD in the assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal/ orthopaedic cases/ basic respiratory skills
- Highly organised and demonstrate the ability to work confidently and effectively both in a team and independently.
- Have a sound understanding of the CSP standards of practice and HCPC standards and how they relate to individual practice.
- Desirable – previous experience in the independent sector
In return we offer the successful candidate:
- Competitive pay, dependent on experience
- enhancements at 50% for working unsocial hours.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Uniform provided
- Free on-site parking
- Staff benefits, including private medical Insurance and life assurance
If you require any more information then please contact Nicki Aldridge, Physiotherapy Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to the post can be made through the Tees Valley Hospital website : https://www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/hospitals/tees-valley-hospital
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.(if relevant to the position)