We are looking for a Specialist Breast Care Nurse to join the team and be a part of leading a brand new service at Blakelands Hospital!
Due to a growth in cancer support with the local trust. our day case unit is expanding it's services to screening and breast care nursing - Blakelands Hospital is a Day Case Unit with no on call, no nights, limited Saturday shifts and no Sunday working so this could be the perfect role for you!
The successful candidate will be a registered nurse with a specialism in Breast Care services. We need a caring and skilled Nurse to assist in providing planned care for breast cancer patients across the whole cancer pathway.
What you’ll bring with you:
- Current NMC registration
- Previous experience in breast cancer care
- Previous involvement in leading a new service
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Flexible and positive attitude and the ability to educate and train other member of staff
- Ability to tend to the health and wellbeing needs of patients with breast cancer
- A warm, considerate and empathetic character skilled to work with complex and sensitive cases
In return we offer
- Competitive salary Plus Enhancements
- 33 days annual leave inc bank holidays which increase with service (pro rata)
- Private Healthcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Subsidised Staff Restaurant
- Free on Site Parking
Blakelands Hospital is a free standing day surgery (ambulatory care) hospital in Milton Keynes and one of the leading private facilities in the area. Blakelands consists of outpatients, radiology, physiotherapy, as well as 2 theatres recovery and admission and discharge area. Blakelands specialises in gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopaedics, urology and general surgery. We have recently received accolades for our breast work with the NHS. Blakelands provides support to the NHS as well as self-pay and insured private patients. Blakelands is centrally located in Milton Keynes –easily accessible to Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire. There is also a direct train link to London.
Blakelands is part of the internationally renowned Ramsay Health Care who are passionate about the future of day case surgery.
We are a small friendly group of staff where you can grow your experience in a supportive environment. We operate Monday to Friday and occasional Saturdays. There is no night duty and no on call so we are very family friendly.
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service