Hospital Porter / IT Coordinator
£19,000 per annum | Pinehill Hospital – Hitchin | Full time |
We are looking for full and part-time Hospital Porter/ IT Coordinator to join our successful and professional team at Pinehill Hospital. This is an exciting and key customer-facing role greeting visitors, patients and staff in the hospital.
In this role you will be an integral part of a team who are committed to delivering the highest quality clinical outcomes in a supported environment, where you will be valued for your skills and expertise.
With a strong focus on customer service our team of Porters provide a vital service in our hospital. Although escorting patients in a safe and friendly manner is a key function of the role you will also be required to provide general porter services to all hospital departments.
This role is to cover 37.5 hours per week with varied working hours; shifts will be a combination of early and late shifts worked over a 7 day working week.
What you’ll bring with you
- Have a friendly and professional approach combined with excellent customer service skills
- Need to be physically fit to carry out a wide range of manual handling tasks such as transferring patients on trolley beds or moving furniture and equipment throughout the hospital.
- Have a friendly ‘can do’ attitude that supports the values of the Company
- Have necessary knowledge to respond to first-line IT queries from Hospital Staff
- Need to have a clean UK driving license to drive a company vehicle
- Need to work flexible hours that includes late evenings and weekends on a shift rota system
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave plus the opportunity to buy/sell more
- Flexible shift options
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Free onsite parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
- Free uniform
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
- Free DBS checking
- Long service, Employee recognition and appreciation awards
- Hospital bonus / employee incentive scheme
Pinehill is one of Hertfordshire’s leading private hospitals with an excellent reputation for delivering high quality private hospital treatments. Situated in tranquil, wooded surroundings, Pinehill provides a peaceful environment to aid a speedy recovery.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success. Click here to find out more.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
For more information on our services please visit https://www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/