Medical Records Administrator – maternity cover
Competitive Salary | Oaks Hospital - Colchester | Fixed term contract – 1 year (Full time, 37.5 hours per week) |
In this role you will be an integral part of a team who are committed to delivering the highest quality outcomes in a supported environment, where you will be valued for your skills and expertise. This is an exciting and important role in ensuring all medical notes are prepared in a timely manner throughout a patient's clinical journey and with the associated patient administration. The ideal candidate will have good administration skills and have the ability to organize and prioritize the workload whilst working under pressure and part of a team. You will need to be a good communicator (with experience, face to face and via email, letter and the telephone) and be able to liaise with residents, staff and visitors to the unit at all levels. High customer care standard is required.
The team is extremely busy and needs someone with proven high quality customer service skills, a commitment to focusing on accuracy and delivery whilst maintaining the necessary speed to ensure all tasks are completed daily.
The ability to effectively prioritise your workload, work on your own initiative and to adhere to deadlines are key requirements of the role. You will be working in a fast paced environment and will need to handle job pressure well. Must be able to demonstrate good organisational skills and maintain an effective working environment.
Previous experience of working within such an environment is desirable. English and Mathematics are an essential part of the role as is a good standard of general education. Full training will be provided. The successful candidate would need to be computer literate including Excel and Word and have an understanding of confidentiality issues.
What you’ll bring with you
- A warm, considerate and empathetic character
- A friendly and professional approach combined with excellent customer service skills
- Experience working in an admin environment
- Good attention to detail
- A passion for delivering an excellent service
- The ability to make decisions and use your initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fast and efficient computer skills
- Passion to deliver excellent customer service
- A flexible and positive attitude
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave plus the opportunity to buy/sell more
- Flexible shift options
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free uniform
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
- Free DBS checking
- Long service, Employee recognition and appreciation awards
- Hospital bonus / employee incentive scheme
Oaks Hospital is one of Essex’s leading private hospital with an excellent reputation for delivering high quality private hospital treatments and services. The hospital opened on this site in 1994 and currently has 57 bedrooms including three twin-bedded rooms all with ensuite facilities to ensure complete privacy throughout your stay.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success. Click here to find out more.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
For more information on our services please visit https://www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/