Bank Physiotherapy Assistant
We are inviting applications for the position of a bank Physiotherapy assistant to work on an ad hoc basis throughout the week. You will be expected to work in both the outpatient and inpatient setting as required. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate strong communication skills within the MDT and to the clients. Our caseload is mainly hip and knee replacements along with some day case surgery. In the outpatient setting you would be required to assist with administration and run our pre-operative classes. Whilst in the inpatient setting you will be required to aid the Physio on duty with the case load on the ward on any given day.
Your duties will include:
- To ensure that all documentation is of the highest standard.
- To participate in local audits and play an active role in the completion of outcome tools.
- Develop excellent working relationships with staff, consultants, suppliers and key stakeholders.
- To be competent in the use of Physiotherapy equipment.
- To support the Physiotherapist in the delivery of a treatment plan and discharge plans.
- To work with the Physiotherapist delivering pre-operative classes.
- To support the admin process within the department, with the completion of admin duties in the required time.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience or similar to the is role.
- Strong IT/admin skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work both in a team and independently.
In return, we offer the successful candidate:
- Attractive rates of pay dependent upon skills and qualifications.
- Ongoing training and development.
- Uniform provided.
- Free parking
- subsidised staff restaurant.
Clifton Park Hospital opened in 2006 and is located just outside York. The modern purpose built hospital has been rated ‘Good’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and has first-class medical facilities including 24 beds, two theatres, a day case unit, a large outpatient department with X-ray facilities and on-site physiotherapy, including a small gym area. In 2018, the hospital opened a new outpatient department with 11 consulting rooms, two treatment rooms and x-ray facilities.
Clifton Park prides itself on offering exceptional care and service to all its patients and currently has a 5-star rating on NHS Choices, In the most recent survey - NHS Family & Friend’s Test, 100% of inpatients and 98% of outpatients recommend the hospital.
The hospital has high dependency facilities for those patients requiring specialist nursing care. The outpatient facilities includes, five consulting/examination rooms, facilities for undertaking diagnostic tests including an innovative in house laboratory service with the immediate provision of blood results, alongside x-ray and ultra sound investigations, and pre-operative assessment. The physiotherapy department has a well-equipped modern gymnasium providing for both in and out patients services.
Two spacious theatres equipped with up to date modern equipment to undertake a range of operations, which will be performed under general and local anaesthetic.
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years’ experience. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England.
We love people with a positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are Ramsay Health Care’s most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success. Click here to find out more.
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.