Theatre Practitioner | The Westbourne Centre | Full Time 37.5 Hours
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Scrub Nurse/ODP to join our expanding Theatre team at The Westbourne Centre. The Centre is one of the UK’s largest independent clinics established in 2009 as part of a joint venture between 5 regional consultants and the global hospital company, Ramsay Healthcare.
As well as delivering exceptional standards of clinical care to our surgical patients, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to broaden their theatre nursing experience by managing a stimulating case mix. Ophthalmology scrub experience is desirable.
It is essential that the candidate will have
- Current medical and/or surgical experience within a hospital environment
- Current registration with the HCPC or NMC (UK) and ongoing CDP
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant clinical standards in a surgical environment
- The ability to scrub for more than one speciality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent customer care skills
- A good standard of computer literacy
- The ability to work within a team
- The ability to time-manage effectively
- Willingness to be flexible during periods of low activity and work extra hours where required
In return we offer
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave (pro rata for part time employees)
- Paid bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Free on-site parking
If you would like to discuss the above position, please contact Georgina Hannis (Theatre Manager) Georgina.Hannis@westbournecentre.com
The Westbourne Centre is a private day surgery facility in the heart of the Edgbaston Medical Quarter in Birmingham. The Centre brings together a diverse group of clinical specialists and state-of-the-art facilities, enabling the highest quality procedures, treatments and patient experience for private, insured and NHS patients.
The theatre department at The Westbourne Centre is expanding with more consultants joining the team and using the facilities. The Applicant must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Theatre/scrub practitioner and Ophthalmic experience is desirable.
The successful applicant will complement the current team, helping to ensure that efficient and individualised high quality patient care, is offered to our whole patient group.
The successful applicant will find a friendly, supportive group of clinicians and nurses, within which career progression and ongoing education are fully supported.
Successful candidates will be subject a 6 month probationary period.
Hours of business at The Westbourne Centre are 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am -4pm on a Saturday.
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service,
We are committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.